CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

I don't really blog anymore...

So I haven't been back here for months and months. I abandoned my blog. :(
I have been avoiding it, and too busy for it, and also disinterested in blogging. Explanations please?
My personal life has been a roller coaster the past few...well, years. And I don't want to blog about it.
But I don't like blogging about my daily life as a mommy and everything fabulous about that while leaving out dating and single life, it feels so edited.
So I just bagged it all.
Maybe not the best choice, I miss having my blog posts to look back at and read, and it's true what everyone says, you forget those things and later are so glad you took the time to document them.

So here's a short update, if for nothing else, so I am documenting for myself.

Naomi is 5, turning 6 so very soon! She is amazing and smart, and so beautiful, and just really such a great little girl. She loves kindergarten, is really thriving there. She is very observant and reasons well. She know when something isn't fair and wants to know why. She is so so so super stoked about our trip planned to disneyland next month! I am too!
Naomi writes and writes and writes. She draws too, but mostly writes these days. She wants to spell it correctly, and likes to give people notes. She is reading so well, really starting to pick it up quickly now. She loves art, paint, etc, she always has. My walls are covered with her artwork. She takes notebooks and pens with her everywhere, even to bed.
Naomi started ballet lessons again a few weeks ago, she is a darling little dancer and she really enjoys it.
She also is such a good sport for new food. She'll try anything and probably eat it. She eats like crazy and grows even faster. So. much. energy. She never seems to stop, she needs less sleep than I would like her to have.

James is 3 going on 4 soon. He's my little bubs, still so cuddly and always willing to hug and snuggle. He is quite the storyteller, his imagination is amazing and the stories he makes up are fantastic and can go on forever. He prefers wearing "cool" shirts like star wars, or batman, etc. He likes to stay home and play with mom, hates running errands. He dawdles, and stops to smell the roses every chance he gets.
He is growing so quickly too, getting so tall like his sister.
James goes to preschool twice a week and really loves it, sometimes he claims he'd rather stay home, but always loves being at school. He likes it when I co-op and get to stay and help at his school.
His motto seems to be, anything Naomi can do, I can do too.But he's willing to let her be the mastermind behind the mischief.
James has just started to write, he can write his name and knows a lot of letter sounds and wants to read (like Naomi).
His pretend play is the best to watch and listen, it's all monsters, pirates, warriors, ninjas, starwars, transformers, sharks, and dinosaurs and the ways they save each other, or the world, or get the bad guys. He is amazing on the wii, better than me.

And for me, I am in a masters program part time, with a graduation date of Summer 2013, then an internship. It's the Professional School Counseling program through Utah State. I'm learning a lot and am looking forward to graduating. I hope it is a job that works well with having kids in school.
We live in Salt Lake City now, moved the end of last Summer. It's been a good move, but it was an adjustment at first. Moving is just a lot of work no matter the situation. Now that we are all settled and in school and our routines it has been great.
I am running still, just not training for any race in particular at the moment, just trying to be overall fit and healthy. Running is good for your body and brain, I love how it makes me feel.

So that's a little update on what's going on here! I can't say I'll be back soon, I just don't know how much of my life I want to share, and if this is where I want to spend my extra time. I'll be back in the blogosphere eventually, but for now I'll check in every now and then.

A note from Naomi to me, she wrote this yesterday :)

James at his uncle's wedding in August


Naomi at her uncle's wedding last August
Those are natural curls, just air-dried. 

snuggling on the couch with Jamesy


Naomi ready to go in to ballet class

taking pictures of ourselves, we went to watch my niece play volleyball


Naomi working hard on a project!


Naomi's drawing of a pirate ship. Note the pirate sun in the top corner... :)

Naomi said she was dressed like a "cool dude" haha


Tea parties with juice and goldfish crackers



9 comments:

E said...

Thanks for the post - I have been missing updates from you!

Rachel said...

Awww I've missed your updates. Naomi is gorgeous! She is just adorable. James is quite the stud muffin too. Fun to hear how you are doing.

Emily + Eric said...

I for one, am thrilled that you updated us! I have thought about you so much & have been wondering how everything is going. You're amazing, Trish - love ya.

Em

ash said...

Great to hear how you are doing! Glad school is going well for you. I wish you all the best with it. Of course, your kids are as cute as can be. And when you talk about running, it makes me wish we could run a race together.

Jeppsen Family said...

Hey Trish! I relate to ypur post so well :) Just last night I discovered my blog again and had so much fun reading it I'm considering that it would be time well spent. I just know Naomi and my Maylee would be best friends if we lived near each other . They love the same things...what you said about Naomi could be the same for Maylee!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

i am so happy that you updated your blog! your kids are adorable. I see so much of you trisha in them. you are and always have been a gorgeous girl!

Tara Schwab said...

Hi Trisha-
I ran across your blog and have to just say your little ones are beautiful! You are a beautiful lady too. Going to school is awesome and I hope all things work out for you. :)
Take care!

Brit said...

Trisha-
Always love seeing what you're up to. Good luck with school-that's amazing! Your such a beautiful person, inside and out!
Brit

Ben and Michelle said...

I am so glad you are doing well. Sounds like life is good. My little sister is in the same program as you, she says she really enjoys it. I am glad you posted again.