CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Breast-fed BABY!

















Naomi and Daddy



Date: 5/17/06
Time: 9:36 p.m.

Feeling: Relaxed
Hearing: my fingers typing...

Ok, so today went sooo well I can hardly believe it. Naomi nursed so very well. I was more confident and that really helped with my ability to 'let-down' quick enough for her. It wansn't perfect, and what day could be, but anyway- Naomi nursed the last time at 7:40 p.m. and right after she started on the second side she started pulling away and acting uninterested. It was like she suddenly remembered half-way through her feeding that she dosen't like to nurse after 5 p.m.! I encouraged her to feed a little more, but she was done. I let Zach change her diaper and get her ready for bed, she was still hungry- we could tell by the way she was acting so I decided to try once more, she refused, arched her back and wouldn't even latch on at all. I made her a 1/2 bottle of formula and tried to pump the rest out. I wasn't able to get much with pumping, I still need to purchase an electric pump.
I had Zach feed her, which he was glad to do, he dosen't get to participate much with feedings when she nurses. She took the whole bottle and then we put her down for bed. She's sleeping now but she struggled a little getting there tonight.
I hope tomorow goes as well, maybe we are getting through this nursing hitch...

No comments: