CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Springtime in DC







This is at Arlington National Cemetery. The blossoms were beautiful and so was Naomi.

Naomi entertaining herself during the Changing of the Guards Ceremony:)
I LOVE spring! The weather has been gorgeous the past few days and we are totally loving it. I know it's going to get hotter, much, much hotter... but for now it's lovely.

I am getting all ready- at least mentally- for our busy summer ahead. I am flying out of here in two weeks for Natalie and Paul's wedding. I'm flying by myself with BOTH kids. I am totally crazy. Zach is coming the day before the wedding, he has to stick around here for his finals. Then we are all off to Charlotte, NC! We will be there until the end of June and then we fly to Utah to spend the rest of the summer. So I am leaving DC in two weeks and won't be back for 4 months!!! It's a little weird to me.

And for other things. Naomi is getting so big and smart. She notices things and says things that surprise me every day. And she's funny too! She likes to be silly and then will say to us and herself "silly Nomi!" It's pretty cute. She says the cutest things all the time. I wish I had a notebook with me all the time so I could remember them and write them down! Maybe I should do that.

James is getting chubby and I love it. He is a sweet baby and I just love the way he looks at me with those bright blue eyes. Since I'm his mom, I think he's so adorable:)

I'm looking quite sleep deprived in this picture but look how cute my little baby is! He's got the same nice skin as Naomi....obviously it's NOT from me:)



James in his cute Sunday clothes. That darling shirt is from his Aunt Brooke and Uncle Jesse.

I put him face down on the boppy for some "tummy time" and he just fell asleep. That's pretty much the story if he's ever on his tummy.


We are missing Linda and Heidi who went home Wednesday. I've had to be a mom all by myself the past few days. We've done OK :) It was wonderful to have them here.


Today (a good MONTH after Easter) our apartment complex held their annual Easter Egg Hunt. It had been postponed several times but it was a beautiful day! Naomi made friends with the Easter Bunny and held his hand for quite a while, she also made sure he got his share of candy too:)

4 comments:

Ben and Michelle said...

James is so cute!!!! I love his cheeks. I am so amazed at the beautiful trees and flowers. It's breath taking.

Anne-Marie said...

they are both adorable! His cheeks are the best :)! 4 months?? crazy! I would be freaking out about how to pack for that! Good Luck flying! I did it once before and it's not horrible. I wouldn't do it just for fun, but.... :)

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Love the chubby cheeks! Naomi is soo cute! I too wish I had a notebook with me all the time to catch all the funny things Ethan says!
SOunds like a busy summer! Wish I could travel home too! LUCKY!!!

M said...

Oh, she is so cute! I love the leg-warmers. And James is a little tank - so cute.
I wish I could go back for Natalie's wedding so bad. Have fun! Good luck with that plane trip.