CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Why does clothing cost SO MUCH?

Why does clothing cost SO MUCH? I have been to the mall a few times this past week to supplement my very sad post-baby wardrobe. I cleaned out my closet before we left for Utah and I realized I almost literally have "nothing to wear."
So. I bought a new pair of jeans at Gap. I tried American Eagle since they have such awesome prices on jeans but they had nothing for me. I was looking for a "casual" shirt(s) but not t-shirts. Anthropologie had some cute stuff but much more than I was willing to spend. Gap didn't have much and the cheaper-teeny bopper stores had lots of sleeveless and t-shirts. So I bought a shirt/blouse I love at Beneton. I also got a top at The Limited along with some earrings and a beige cami. I found some cami's at Delia's too. I bought some new flip flops at Pac Sun and some super cute metallic flats at Target of all places. Anyway, to the point. All this set me back over $200. And I don't feel like I got that many new pieces to work with.
Maybe I just need to be a better shopper....and you know what else, I did all that shopping with two kids. I think I would be a better deal finder w/o the kiddos.
I think this weeks mall experience has confirmed that I prefer shopping online.

1 comment:

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Have you tried the post baby swimsuit shopping? I almost cried. Poor Abby had to sit there while I went through 5 suits thinking one would work. Nope. Oh well. I'll give it some time. :) Cute clothes by the way.