CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Shades

They somehow were broken. She says Daddy stepped on them. I don't know. Then we had a cheap pair from maybe my mom's basement toy room. They were pink hearts, very awesome. She broke those, pulled the "arms" off accidentally, too excited maybe? Unfixable unless glued into an immovable state which is, of course, unacceptable.

Before all that there was a pair of tiny ones with pictures of fruit on them, from when she was a baby. And there was also the Mr. Potato Head pair. Both too small.

So I offered some of mine. A very inexpensive, even cheap pair purchased in a rush last summer when mine went missing. Or were broken. I don't remember which. They were white and seemed like the epitome of 2 year-old coolness. I was wrong. Something was wrong. She didn't like them.

Then, inspiration. How about we put some sparkles and buttons and jewels on them? YEAH! So I manned the glue gun and she ever so carefully stuck on the buttons, sparkly poms, flower and jewels. As the last jewel was pressed attentively into place she exclaimed,

They're just like Sharpay!

New and improved, these are much sought after designer (Naomi) shades now.

But Sharpay? It's been weeks since we watched HSM. I guess she made an impression.
BIG sigh. And she's only 2.



6 comments:

Katy said...

Man, is she ever cute. :) And quite the diva, apparently!

Heather said...

I love the one of Naomi as Mrs. Potato Head!

Z said...

Confession--- I did step on, and break Naomi's sunglasses, but I think it was a different pair.

Natalie said...

Naomi is such a cutie. I love her new sunglasses. You're so handy!

Ben and Michelle said...

We hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Love,
Ben & Michelle

Monson Family Fitness said...

those glasses are HOTTTT!