CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 15, 2008

The Nutcracker


My sister Aimee (who lives all the way over in Switzerland!) sent Naomi a surprise Christmas present today!

It's a copy of a new and fabulous pop up book by Patricia Fry, The Nutcracker.

I was so excited and Naomi sat with rapt attention as I read it to her for the first time. She absolutly loved the page where a beautuful candy palace unfolds. I really liked the layers of details, like there is a cabinet on the first page filled with special toys. The mouse king is cool too:) The story is shorter of course, being a chilren's pop up book, but the visual details are just lovely.
I don't know where to find one to get a look at in real life but I know Borders.com has it listed.

Take a look HERE. Also she has her own website: PatriciaFrybooks.com









4 comments:

Monson Family Fitness said...

Oh how I love children books! I might have to go check that out! It looks really fun!

Heather said...

That looks like a really beautiful book. Sadly that type of book would never last in my house. My kids would tear it to shreds in no time. We did have one pop up book at one point.

The Score
Kids-1
Pop up book-0

Raegan said...

I love pop-up books until the kids get a hold of 'em that is... I have a weird thing with kids destroying books. I'm such a stick in the mud! How are you feeling? I hope all's well! Tell everyone in the Valley Hello for me. I'm sure you'll see 'em at Wal-Mart!

Ben and Michelle said...

I am so jealous, I love pop up books.