CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 19, 2009

Moving On

Here I am finally posting about moving...
We have successfully moved from Maryland to Utah.
I really dislike packing up everything I own, sorting out things I don't want/need and then packing our bags and leaving a place. For good. For so many reasons, I don't like moving.
I miss my friends there, the Kensington ward. I miss the parks and museums and all of DC.
But I love Utah. I love the mountains, they are so pretty. I have always thought so, but now I'm one of those people who talks about how pretty the mountains are. Silly. The Wellsville's especially.
I love seeing my sisters and brothers, our parents, taking my children to places I loved growing up. Letting them run free outside. It's beautiful here too.
Naomi helped move anything she could carry to the moving truck, she was so excited to help.
Zach forgot the keys to the storage shed the evening his friends drove with him up to help unload. So they waited outside for an hour for me to get there with the keys. Seriously, you would think we've never done this moving thing before!
Good, not GREAT friends helped with babysitting, cleaning, packing, de-junking, unloading, and rides to the airport. I don't know what we would do without all those great people.
I flew away on a jet plane with both kiddos, one on either side of me on the last Saturday in May. Zach finished up the storage, final cleaning and vacating of our apartment and followed me to our new home on Sunday.
We were greeted by nearly the whole family on my side that afternoon. One of my brothers and his wife and children are moving to Alaska. We had one sound get together before sending him off with my dad and the moving truck.
The second picture here is Naomi jumping off one couch to the other. This is good for a least an hour of fun.





Posted by Picasa

No comments: