CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

So who needs pictures anyway?

I was uploading pictures to my blog a few days ago and a box popped up that my storage was full. So I opened my Picasa web albums to delete pictures or purchase more storage.
I decided to delete my blogger photo album, it stores all the photos you post on your blog.
I thought they were just copies of everything I loaded, and that the actual pictures are on my blog.
It turns out, THAT album is where your blog photos stored. And I deleted it. And deleted means deleted. There is no trash can to recover from.
Three years of blog posts without photos.
It makes me physically ill.
I have all those pictures on my hard drive but I have to individually reload them all. My computer with all my photos on it is in storage, in Maryland.
Deep breath.
So in January I have my work cut out for me. I will be salvaging what I can, re-posting all my pictures back onto my blog.
Then I'm going to print it out, or have it made into a book. Something.
So the moral of this story is, don't delete your blogger web album.

3 comments:

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

I don't understand. I'm seeing pictures on your blog... can't you just print them out? (I'm sO technically deficient).

Natalie said...

Oh my. I would cry if that happened. I'm so so so sorry! I will definitely learn from your mistake and not repeat it. :(

Ben and Michelle said...

Good to know. I am sorry that happened, that would really make me ill.