CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Saint George Half Marathon! Again.

Last Saturday, a week ago, I ran the Saint George Half Marathon! My good friend Kelly came down with me and we ran the whole race together. It was so great, definitely my best race yet. I took 8 minutes off my last half, the Top of Utah last August. My time was 2 hours 17 minutes, and I felt great at the end!
Kelly and I match pace really well, helps that we are the same size exactly! Running and chatting with a friend just made the miles fly by.
I've been using a good stretch to help with my I T band tightness and it's helped a lot. I didn't feel anything until about mile 11 and it wasn't painful, just getting tight. It feels good to feel good, be healthy.
I love racing, it's amazing how race-day adrenalin gets you going. The weather was perfect as well, it was probably 50's when we started and warmed up to 60's by the end. And it was sunny, I love that. The only thing I didn't love about this race was the trail was washed out from the river flooding a little while ago so we did a double loop, not ideal but fine. It was mostly paved trail running, that is so nice.
Talia watched Naomi and Kelly's baby, Ruthie while we ran, so nice of her. Kelly took off to get back home and I played the rest of the day with Talia and company, we went to lunch and I ate waaaay too much. I felt entitled. I was starving after that race. And then we saw a movie, Gulliver's Travels, very funny and cute!
Erica came down that night and we left for California and Disneyland the next day! I had a really fun weekend and great week!
So now that I have done 3 half marathons can I be a counted as a real runner? I think so.
I might have a race this spring, but for sure my next half is the Top of Utah in August. If you want to register it sells out super fast, March 1st is the day to remember.
Naomi and her cousin Trey at lunch

Me and Naomi

Kelly and Me before the race


Afterwards, we made it!

This is a link to my race photos, that I don't want to pay to purchase! But they are fun to look at!

Talia, Wes and Dylan at lunch

Next on the list, new running shoes. I'm thinking the Asics Nimbus 12. In white and PINK. Because, why not?

4 comments:

Rachel said...

too bad you had to take up running AFTER you move away. I have no one to run with now that Jonette is leaving! And yes - I think 3 half marathons classifies you as a "real" runner :) Cute shoes!

kat said...

Way to go!!

Natalie said...

Nice job! I miss hanging out with you gals (not that I'd be running with you but just being close enough to do something ya know).

category5takingtheworldbystorm said...

As for the shoes...I have them and they feel great! Mine are blue though. I like them in black and purple too! I think you're awesome Trisha!