CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pretty Princess and the Mad Chicken

Tonight was the ward trunk or treat. We had it inside because it was a torrential downpour. So it was more like a ward classroom-grab-handfuls-of candy-walk.
Naomi went as herself, Princess Naomi. I asked her what princess she was tonight, you know, like Belle, Sleeping Beauty. She said, "no, I'm Naomi." I even put gold eyeshadow/liner on her. There was a little persuasion involved but she very much liked the results in the mirror.

James however did not go as himself. My happy chubbers was completely missing. In his place we had a grumpy mad chicken. He was SO adorable though.
I made Noami pose with all the friends we could catch and I let her eat a whole doughnut at the party and a lollipop on the way home just before bed. She did brush her teeth after.
I've only eaten a snickers, tootsie roll and a bubble gum from her pumpkin bag. So far.
We actually forgot her special pumpkin candy collecting bag bucket thing and Zach saved the night and went back home to get it. James went with him seeing as he loves hanging out with Daddy so much and then he fell asleep in the car.
He was then woken up and put in a chicken suit.
I think I would be grumpy too.
It was a fun party and the kids costumes were fun, some were very original. I don't think I'll ever be the type to make costumes for my kids, but I just might if one of them wants to be something crazy one year. I guess we'll see.





She wasn't about to hug Sam in that mask!




Aren't these girls sweet?



Naomi loves Charlie only second to her James.

The snazzy alien girl costume (next to Naomi) is homemade!

The "witches brew" was cool.
There he is! ..... but not for long, James called it a night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trish thanks for coming by my blogarooni.

Your fam is beautiful, your beautiful:)

Don't tell anyone I'm blogging on the Sabbath;(
I left a comment for you back on my page cuz i thought you were blocked

Natalie said...

You got some great pictures! I still need to upload mine...

Unknown said...

You have such cute kids! Hope all is well with you guys.

Anderson Avenue said...

Oh they look so cute in their costumes!

Ben and Michelle said...

Cute costumes!!! James makes me laugh. What a great Halloween.