CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lake Powell

I'm finally blogging about Lake Powell. It was a month ago.
It was fantastic, and beautiful and hot.
Just Naomi and I went down, Zach and James stayed home. Zach was one week from the bar exam and I couldn't manage two tiny ones by myself down there. Linda (and Jeff and Heidi:) took care of my baby while Zach studied as hard as he could. Me and Naomi? We played!
Holly and Michael went with their kids and my mom and dad of course and Natalie too. Paul stayed home and worked hard, poor kid.
We spend a week out on the lake, I skied- slalom of course, for the first time this summer. I learned how to wake skate. Much more fun than wake boarding! No boots!
Naomi knee boarded again, she doesn't remember doing it last year. She was great, although I don't think she really loved it. My niece Alyssa (9) wake boarded this year!
We cliff jumped, got sunburned, but used lots of sunscreen too! We drank our weight in water, juice, gatorade and soda, and ate really well. Had sticky campfire marshmallows while my Dad told the story of Old Ephraim. I got blisters digging holes for the anchors, rode Holly and Michael's wave runners, knee boarded, and stood up on the board (that takes skills, only those of you who have done that know what I'm talking about).
It was a fun, relaxing, exhausting and beautiful vacation.


Cousins


Campfire Time


Natalie with most of the kids on her lap!


Sandcastles with Jonathan


Sisters Holly and Natalie




Watching High School Musical.....


Naomi and Annie "cliff jumping"




Naomi's only nap


Kneeboarding!


At the Marina, ready to go















4 comments:

Ashlee said...

I think that is way cool that she knee boarded!!!! I love that place.

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

How fun! It sounds like a blast. I forget how incredibly dark Naomi gets. And I can't believe she wake boards. We miss you guys!! Abby seriously asks about Naomi every day.

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness!!! This looks incredible. Love that Naomi was knee boarding along side her awesome Mommy. This looks like it was a great weekend. So fun to spend it with cousins and sisters (and brothers) while Zach was away. How was Lagoon??

Brooke Low said...

Your pictures really made me want to be at Lake Powell. Its too bad my boys are at a good age to go and we are so far away. They would have had so much fun with their cousins. I don't know if I gave you my new number it is 907-854-8971