CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Except for the part where...

Last Saturday I went to Gardeners Village with my sister Natalie, it has some fun shops and boutiques that I really liked. The quilt shop had so many lovely, beautiful and fun things.
Delish lunch at the Naborhood Bakery, a little bit like Great Harvest/Old Grist Mill. But some killer pastries. Yum.
Sassy Babies was awesome too, Teeny, tiny little shop but full of goodies. They had some Cake bags that are indeed gorgeous. But. they are so heavy. Cute hair clips, gave me new ideas, and lots of cute girl clothes.
This dress was exquisite. Really it was, it had beading all around the bodice and those tulle flowers were so sweet. I loved it so much I had to take a photo. Especially because I could never afford it, $200 +. Naomi would rock that dress.

Saturday morning I got up early, that's 7 a.m. for me. And picked up my Bountiful Basket. Right now I am swamped with fresh produce. Between the basket and food from my parents garden and the grapes Naomi just had to get at the grocery store today, my fridge is packed. We're eating it as fast as we can!
Tonight for dinner I made meatballs that were super yummy. That word is linked to the recipe. James pounded them. Naomi ate one, kinda. We had them with classic spaghetti and sauce. But then we added cucumbers, squash and beans to our dinner.
And the grapes. And we should have eaten tomatoes too.
And the cantaloupe.

I took this week off from bountiful baskets.
Also because I can't pick up anyway, I have my half marathon is on Saturday!!! Yikes. And Hooray!
I'm running tomorrow morning a good 4 or so miles and that's it until 7 a.m. Saturday. Send me good luck.

Today we made jello, and meatballs, and ran errands, and washed and folded clothes, and made cookie dough, and later cookies, and grocery shopped, and emptied garbages, and the kids got a bath, and now I need to frost some cookies and call it a day! It was a good one. Except for the part where I got mad at Naomi for waking James up from his nap. I was sorry and he went back to sleep anyway. Life with kids really is so great.

Today Naomi lined up on the window sill her Noah's ark turtles and the shrinky dink turtles she made with her Grandma Linda. It was a Turtle Family.

Naomi requested that I take a picture of her butterfly too. She also made this with Grandma Linda, and she keeps moving it all around that window.

Posers, Naomi does a pretty good kissy lips! Her hair in this photo is so awesome. So Naomi.


3 comments:

Erica said...

We LOVE shrinky dinks. Grandma Linda is so cool, isn't she!

Natalie said...

What a packed day. You're amazing! I can't wait to hear how the race went!!

Ben and Michelle said...

I'm running my first half marathon in October. Do you have any advice??? I can't wait to hear how yours went.