CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Painting Pumpkins

 These are a little out of order, but you can get the general idea. I saw my friends pumpkins painted all black with cute orange polka dots all over and I wanted some! It was a trial run, so I learned a few things, but it was fun. Naomi loved doing these, and it's all about the process for her anyway.
I bought:
pumpkins
black and purple spray paint
reinforcer stickers
star stickers
colored dot labeling stickers, small and regular

The large dot stickers did NOT stick well to any of the pumpkins for some reason. So that caused some bleeding with the spray paint leaking under the stickers. But it did look kind of cool messy like that. But not the crisp awesome look I was going for.
Also, I bought a can of matte black paint on accident, shiny is much prettier and showier.
So, maybe try a different brand of stickers next year and WAIT for the paint to dry before taking the stickers off. Like...wait a few hours. Then the paint that seeped under the stickers sometimes came off when it was dry when I pulled the sticker off.
Naomi waited about 3 and a half minutes before she pulled her stickers off. And she was thrilled with the results. She had purple fingers for a while, but it was worth it.
My favorite is the tiny black pumpkin with the shiny paint and small polka dots.
Cute cute cute.
I hope you all had a Happy Halloween!
 It was a two-day process for us, so we can see two of Naomi's finer ensembles. She dresses herself and I'm ok with it. The first is a pink leotard and leggings over the top. And the second is "all green and white".




1 comment:

Jenny said...

Awesome! So much better than cleaning out those nasty guts.