CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Birthday Girl!

Naomi had a birthday! She turned 5!!!
It's crazy. I know everyone says that. But it still is.

Naomi had a birthday party on Valentine's Day, it was a Valentine's - Birthday Party! She loved it. I had some family over the next day for cake and ice cream too.
We played freeze dance, duck-duck-goose, made heart crafts (that didn't work out so well, but were fun to do anyway), opened presents, sang, ate cake, ice cream, fruit and veggies too! Played 'Pin the Kiss on the Frog' and just acted like little party animals! I had a fun Valentine's playlist that kept the kids moving and having fun.






playing in the sink with her new color-change Sleeping Beauty

Naomi and James
Happy Birthday Naomi!

Pin the Kiss on the Frog!

It was such a fun party and just a little bit crazy too!

She's so smart and growing up so quickly. I was looking at her today while I was watching her at preschool. Thinking how beautiful she is. I was remembering what a pretty baby she was. She was so bald, but she was just adorable. People used to stop me all the time and comment on how cute she was. And they would nearly always comment on how she has such beautiful skin. It's a mystery where she got her permanent tan, and how she gets so brown in the Summer. I'm thinking she's going to love it as she gets older. That girl never burns. But I do use sunscreen. Promise.

Naomi loves to play make-believe and construct elaborate games with her little brother. They are always rescuing, helping, exploring, fighting, racing.
Everyday, the use of all the throw blankets and pillows is required.

She is sometimes mischievous.
She is a good reasoner and likes to argue her point. She has a strong sense of justice.
She is giving and likes to make her friends and brother happy.

Naomi loves art. She colors, draws, writes notes and letters, paints, glues, cuts, tapes. She does these things every single day. All the time.
I have a wall covered with her drawings and colorings. I take everything down about once a month and it fills up incredibly fast with new art.
I love having her artwork in my house.
Naomi loves to write notes to everybody. It's so sweet and she is a good phonetic speller. She's getting picky and wants me to help her spell everything correctly lately.

Naomi's Grandma Linda had a birthday the other day. I told Naomi it was coming up and at preschool that day she made a pipe cleaner and bead bracelet for her Grandma. She brought it home and showed me, she was SO proud.
She put it in a box, with three jelly beans and a little drawing and taped the box shut. Then she cut and taped as much blue ribbon as she could fine to "wrap" her gift. it was adorable. She beamed with pride as her Grandma opened her gift.
I love her for being so sweet and thoughtful.
I love that she loves her own artwork.
I hope I can encourage her in that.

Naomi's favorite foods are still pickles and olives. She loves frozen peas, not cooked. She loves tuna sandwiches with banana peppers. Chocolate creamies and oreos are favorite treats.

Naomi is a daredevil. She loved the fast, crazy rides at Disneyland. The scarier the better!
It's a magical age. She believes in magic and still loves to be silly, she is getting the hang of knock-knock jokes and how to play rock-paper-scissors.

Naomi loves to choose her own outfits. I let her as long as it's weather-appropriate. It's usually a bit mis-matched but she loves it so I do too.

I love my Naomi girl, it's amazing another year has flown by. She's my first baby and my big girl and my little friend for everything. I am so thankful for my sweet girl and I hope I can be the mommy she needs.

No comments: