CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Farmers Market

I just got home from wandering the Carbondale Farmers Market. I love farmers markets! If we weren't moving so soon I would have bought some flowers, there was a lot of variety and I kind of have a soft spot for potted flowers. Right now though my pretty ceramic pots are sitting empty and neglected. Sigh. next year I will do flowers.
There is a guy at the market who sells wooden puzzles, letters and names- he makes them. I ordered a name puzzle for Naomi last week and he had it finished today! I was super excited, Naomi and I played with it for about 20 minutes before she tired of it. It surprises me when I fall for a personalized item but this is too cute.
There is also a wide selection of fabulous looking fresh produce at the farmers market. Next weekend I'm going to try to go early enough to buy some asparagus, it goes so fast, it was totally gone by 10 a.m.
There's just something about the atmosphere at a Farmers Market. It's like we can go back in time for just a few hours each weekend, to when you could just take their word for it, everyone wasn't in such a hurry, life slows down just a bit.
In the shade under some huge trees at one end of the market there's usually a box or two of puppies or kittens for sale or for free. Groups of children huddle around the cages and giggle and a few lucky kids are holding a soft fluffy thing but the luckiest ones are walking away with a little lump of fur. It's so sweet, Naomi just plopped down next to the kitten cage today and let them lick her fingers.
I'm looking forward to a long summer of Farmers Markets.


1 comment:

Dani said...

Let's go to the farmers market when it finally opens this summer. I find the most wonderful butters and bread. I'm salivating just thinking about...