CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

GEORGETOWN!

Ok, so it's been forever since I posted. I would like to blame my lack of writing on being busy or other things but lets just face it, I'm LAZY. Now I've confessed:)

So, at the post title indicates, we have BIG news! Zach is transferring to Georgetown! Yup, in Washington, D.C.
So very crazy.
I've been combing through bajillions of apartment sites to find us a decent place to live out there, it's going to cost about triple what we are paying now for rent.
It makes me almost physically ill.
But cost aside (which you can't really say because it's such a difference from S. Illinois, living expenses and tuition) but, cost aside- we are SOOOOO excited!!!!
I've never been a city girl but I'm about to take a crash course. But before our big adventure begins we are moving to Logan for the summer:) (yay) and living in some seriously LOW cost apartments on a summer only deal, it's going to cost us less for the entire summer in Logan than ONE MONTH in D.C. See what I mean about ILL.
We are flying to SLC on the 14th of May, the day after Mother's Day and then flying to Cabo San Lucas on the 18th! (the later trip is SANS toddler).
This summer is really going to be so fun, we're going to Lake Powell, as is the Low family custom, in July and we will also be making an appearance at the annual Champlin Family Reunion- it's a big deal:)
So now my tasks here in Southern Illinois are to pack up all our stuff for the summer and decide what we can stuff in suitcases for the trip home!
It's getting so humid here, lotion is a thing of the past. However, I did use some yesterday when I gave myself a home pedicure, it was much needed.
I need some good luck to get everything done in time...

1 comment:

Dani said...

I'm glad you'll be in DC! We're going to be only about 2 hrs from there! Actually, we'll be in the DC temple district! And I LOVE DC! Having you there will give me another reason to visit!!