CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

TORNADO WATCH!!!


This is why I am not going to live in the Mid West just as soon as I can get myself out of here.

Tornadoes

Up until today, I have never truly been scared of the weather. Growing up in Utah it just never warranted something to be frightened of. Sure you got an occasional super loud thunderstorm, but that was awesome to watch! And the snow was never something to be afraid of, just annoying when you needed to get somewhere.

Right now I'm in the middle of a Tornado Watch, meaning that Severe Thunderstorms are creating weather conditions favorable for the formation of severe hail, rain, wind gusts and TORNADOES. About 20 minutes ago I was close to tears, no I was crying. It's still raining pretty hard and thunder and lightning are ripping through the sky but I think the worst has passed. It was hailing so hard I thought for sure a window was going to break.

Now that I'm feeling sane again, I have decided once and for all, we are going to live in the WEST.

2 comments:

Dani said...

Scary!! Was that your first tornado watch?? I remember living thru those in Minnesota, with the big sirens!!

Trisha said...

It was my second, the first wasn't half so scary, it ended up being no big deal. I can't hear the sirens from our place so I had a weather radio thing I was listening to. AHHhh, not fun.