CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

We are here..just trying to get organized again.

































We are here..just trying to get organized again. I mean we are in Maryland.
Our stuff was everywhere after we got home. Lia (and Justin) had left our place super clean, organized and complete with a loaf of homemade bread! Then we walked in with all our bags of clothing and just junk. And papers. I hate hate hate all the papers everywhere! I have a semi-large "to file" pile right now, but at least they are in a pile and the recycle ones are in the blue bin.
Two of my older sisters (I have 3 older sisters:) are so awesome to give me clothing that their girls, and now boys, have grown out of for my kids. It saves us so much money, but bringing home all the extra clothing is a challenge sometimes. Especially now that the airlines only allow one free bag. But there are ways to get it all on board. We bought two huge duffel bags, which are very light weight themselves. Super cheap-o ones from Smiths or something. Then we stuff and stuff and stuff all our clothing, shoes, clothing, diapers, bibs, blankies, etc, you get the idea, into the bags and we end up with 4 bags to be checked total. You are allowed to check one "baby" item for an "infant in arms." We choose a bag full of his clothes:)
Then I gate-check the stroller and car seat, Naomi's seat comes on the plane. Then each ticked passenger is allowed one carry-on luggage (more clothes and stuff) and one personal item. We end up with two-three carry-on items and one personal item that is my diaper bag. It's a lot of stuff.
So here we are, 3 days later and finally feeling sane. Everything is in it's place. Almost everything...my clothing needs some better organization, but whatever.
And to help us feel so much more calm, we are potty training Naomi. FUN!
Hah. NOT fun at all. Well, that's a lie too. It's kind of fun to see her be proud of herself and she's funny sometimes in the process.
But cleaning up "it was an accident, I didn't mean to"s is really not fun. We had a lot of accidents today.
BUT we had one big success. We waited and waited and tried all day to get her to poop on the potty and she wasn't about to. So after she went pee in her "pantsies" again I just left her bare bummed. She ran into the bathroom a little while later and announced, "Mom, I'm going potty!" I peeked in at her and told her "Great! Let me know when you're done." I walked back into the bathroom about 1 minute later and she was standing with about 10 wet wipes pulled (all still connected together:) out of the pack and was wiping herself. She had indeed "gone potty" and it was a bit messy..... lots messy. But she did it, all by herself! So we are slowly getting there I think.
I wasn't' about to tackle this whole potty training thing just yet. I'm too lazy. But Zach is a bit more motivated about the whole thing and it can't just be him on potty patrol, it takes both of us, and we still have accidents. But anyway, I wasn't going to even try until she was good and ready, I mean totally ready age 3+ and begging me for underwear.
But then Zach brought in her little plastic potty and she went bonkers. She was so excited that she announced "I'm not wearing diapers anymore, I'm not, I'm wearing pantsies!"
Ooooohkay I though, we'll try it out. So here we are, 3 days later and I think we're making progress. Funniest part about it is that she wants nothing to do with that little potty. She uses the "big person" potty. Fine, that's one less thing to transition to.
So, for other things. James and Naomi have been sharing a room since we got back Saturday. Nights have been pretty good. Really good I would actually say. I've been putting James down first while Zach reads to Naomi and then she goes to bed as soon as he's in his crib. She has strict instructions to "be quiet and use soft voices." She likes to talk herself to sleep a little.
He has woken up randomly and cried here and there and she hasn't responded except for this morning at about 5:30 a.m. But Naomi went back to sleep immediately so no biggie. I'm hoping this is going to be as easy as it seems right now. It's nice to have our own room, and we've had our own room the whole time in Utah. I don't really feel like sharing again:)
Speaking of, it's so time for bed for me.

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

I'm glad you made it home safely :) traveling on planes with lots of stuff is NO FUN! But...it's always good to get home and settled. Good luck with this last year! Let us know where you're heading when it's all over! :) Keep those pics coming, I love them and good luck with potty training. Ours was relatively easy, but I waited a long time, kept putting it off, and then Jon made her do it (sound familiar?) It worked out ok and the no diapers thing is awe.some! Good luck!

Raegan said...

If you stumble on any great potty training tricks please pass 'em over! We kind of started too!