CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 01, 2008

babies, sand and stuff.


Nurses nurse
And teachers teach
And tailors mend
And preachers preach
And barbers trim
And chauffeurs haul
And parents get to do it all.
-- Babs Bell Hajdusiewicz
I definitely feel like a parent:)

We've been playing like it's the last day of summer. I guess it is.

This last week we've been to Butler's Orchard to pick berries twice, visited multiple various playgrounds and parks, spent the afternoon at a awesome water park in VA, made play dough at a friends, had friends over here to play, and spent today at the bay at Sandy Point. It's been lovely.
Zach starts school tomorrow but I've not lost all hope yet, we will still have fun. Mostly on weekends and days off now. I love having Zach home.
I've been taking pictures of James with his buddies... like they even know what's going on at 6 months. But I like to take pictures of my kids with their little friends.

James and Drew- having some guy time.

Hazel and James. She gives him a run for his money on the sweet baby chubs!

James is tipping the scales at about 20 lbs now, that's just 2 shy of outgrowing his infant car seat. And it's probably a good thing. I lug him around in that thing, to and from the car, often into church because he fell asleep on the way (that's one of the really nice things about the infant seat, you can let them sleep....) and all this hefting my big boy is killing my back! But he wears me out holding him in my arms too. I just love how cute his chubs are though. Naomi didn't hit 20 lbs until she was a year old.


Siblings, so sweet. Those girls love their babies!

Abby and Naomi in their matching swimsuits down by the bay...


Naomi, Abby and Sam in the sand.

And Naomi, she's become the specimen collector. She *must* have a berry or rock or cone from that tree/bush/whatever every time we go outside. She has a little box where she keeps her treasures. Since she visited the dentist a few weeks ago, her new Dora toothbrush has made "special box" status.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Love the picture of the girls holding the babies. I'm not sure who's holding who.

Heather said...

I love love love the chubby baby pic!!!! Looks like y'all have been having a blast!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

OH MY WORD!!! Naomi holding James is the best!!! I can't believe he's 20 pounds!! That's amazing! What caut pics on the sand!

Rachel said...

SO Cute! Alayna has that same swimsuit! That would have been funny to see the three of them together! Can't believe how BIG James has gotten over the summer!

Ashlee said...

Oh my heck I love his cheeks! They are the best ever. How do you not just eat them all the time. I am sad for you that your summer is almost over and the cold is on its way. Enjoy it why it lasts!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

That picture of those two holding hands is soo cute! That little gal does give James competition for the most chubby rolls ever!

Ben and Michelle said...

Trisha, you take the cutest pictures. I love the one of the babies holding hands. Adorable!!!