CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Cherry Blossoms of Course

Yesterday we took a chance on the weather and went downtown to see the Cherry Blossoms. We were in luck, the rain stayed away and it was kind of warm. The wind was crazy sometimes though. It was too windy to rent paddle boats. Too bad because I really wanted to take a ride, I think Naomi would have loved it too.
Naomi splashed through the puddles as much as we would let her. We tried to keep the innocent bystanders dry....
It was a great day to go down, the crowds were thinner compared to the weekends and the rain earlier yesterday morning had scared people away. We took our "jogging" stroller (one of these days I'm going to use it like it was intended!). It was a champ over the muddy grass. James loved almost every second of it, even missing his afternoon nap.
These trees are just so beautiful! DC is fantastic this time of year, I'm really mourning our upcoming move.
By the time we were heading home we had exhausted our snack supply and mom and dad's energy too. We stopped to get hot dog on the corner. They are always so good when you're really hungry.
It's always interesting and tiring to do these kind of outings with the kids. We survived it and overall had a really fun time. I love being able to see so many great things all the time.
Over at the Jefferson Memorial there is live music during the festival. Naomi and James had a grand time dancing.




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Talia Vaughn said...

So Cute! you have got to tell me how to do those cute little collages! I love them. I wish i could come visit so bad before you move....sad.
love you guys

Kurst said...

I love Naomi's dance, it's so cute. I can't believe how big James is getting. Your kids are adorable.

Ben and Michelle said...

So cute!!! Naomi is adorable. The Cherry Blossoms look beautiful.