CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 20, 2009

What have you been up to?

Sheesh, I didn't realize it had been so long since I'd posted anything.

Ok, actually I did realize. I just have been busy having fun. And reading in my spare time instead of blogging. 
For a book club I attend I recently read The Age of Innocence. It was just my style. I also just read another wonderful book called The Guernsey Literary and the Potato Peel Pie Society. I loved that one. Now I'm reading The Toss of  a Lemon. It's been pretty interesting so far.

I put Naomi's hair in two pigtails today with darling, bouncy little ringlets on each side. It isadorable. She's adorable. Today at least. And yesterday. She asked, authoritatively, of me and Zach at dinner last night, "Do you have your own money and your own ticket?!" 
I laughed and answered in the affirmative. I had no idea what she was talking about.









We had a fun and very low-key Easter. Naomi thoroughly enjoyed dying eggs and eating jelly beans. James had Cheerios's in his eggs this year. He didn't know the difference and was thrilled when they spilled out all over him.

I taught Zach how to blow out eggs. I just use a pin and poke holes at each end and then blow! Zach was at first impressed, and then showed me up, of course. It seems that's the trend with us. Skiing, (just kidding, I know you already knew how), water skiing, wake boarding (ok, that one too), any recipe of mine. I suppose I still am the household authority on sewing, glitter, blogging. 




DC is just gorgeous this time of year. The cherry blossoms are gone but there are many other flowering trees still just hitting their peak.
And the tulips are amazing. I love tulips.

We have been outside a lot as it's been warming up. James is more sure on his feet and doesn't eat grass and wood chips from the playground too much anymore, things are looking up!

Today we went to the zoo with Cassie and the kids. We lazily made our way through part of the animals as Naomi and Abby zigzagged all over the place. It's so warm this weekend and the zoo was packed with school kids and tourists. It's a strangely satisfying feeling to be a "local" here. I love knowing my way around and not looking like a visitor. You know, with sneakers, ball caps, back packs and cameras around the neck. Maybe a fanny pack and a map too.
That sounds snobby. I guess I am sometimes!

As soon as James wakes up from his nap today I'm going to take the kids outside to blow some bubbles. For Naomi's birthday, 2+ months ago, she got a big bubble bucket, the no-spill kind. We've been waiting for the perfect weather to use it, and it has finally arrived!

Today's a good day, my kids are being sweet and the dishes and laundry are done. Does that make anyone's day like it does mine? 

Happy Spring!

4 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

sounds like a perfect reason for bubbles to me!! I need to try the whole blowing out the egg-thing. My friend in TX say they do that down there, fill the eggs with confetti adn then throw them at each other at easter....sounds fun.. :)

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

I've heard about that potato-peel society book and so want to read it. Your blog is adorable and your family is gorgeous - I love Naomi's pigtails and that picture in your header.

Erin Davis said...

I wish my laundry was done! Your kids are getting so big! :)

Heather said...

Love the pig-tails!!!