CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 27, 2009

It's so hot

We live in an apartment complex where the heat and ac are on one big system that has to be "switched over" at the change of the seasons for use.
It was in the 50's early last week. So our heaters are still on.
It was 90 on Saturday, and yesterday and today and tomorrow.
We live on the ground floor and I don't really feel comfortable about leaving all the windows open all night. Like the kids room. And a busy road makes it really noisy in the early mornings.
We did leave the windows open last night in our room and opened the door to the kids room to help air flow.
We had some fans going too, that helped.
We were pretty comfortable in our room and the kids were warmer but ok.
Then 3:22 this morning a little bird decided it was time to start singing. 
Right outside my window.
I was SO annoyed. I tried to ignore it for about 15 minutes but It was killing me.
I shut that window regretfully.
This morning I opened up all the windows when we were all up- before 7.
By 9 a.m. it was over 70 and rising quickly.
Currently it's 10 a.m. and 81 degrees.
I googled "how to stay cool without air conditioning"
some of the tips are good, like placing ice in front of a fan as an make shift AC. We're doing that one now.
Wear as little as possible, get wet- Naomi is already wet, drink cold water and eat cold food.
We're going to go buy some popsicles later.


Frozen GoGurts for now

***UPDATE***
The AC was turned on last night! Hooray!
We are all nicely chilled.

7 comments:

Erica said...

Uh! I hate being hot. Hope you get toy a/c soon!

Ashlee said...

That is no fun!! My kids hate to be hot. At night mist your sheets with a water bottle and then turn on the fan. Thats what we do in lake Powell it works well. That and take a cool shower before bed. Good luck hope they fix it soon.

Kurst said...

I feel your pain, when we lived in Juneau they don't believe in AC. It usually never gets over 80, but the first year we lived there it was in the high 90's for 3 weeks straight. I love the sun and the heat but when you have to sleep in it that's totally different. Hope they switch to AC soon for you.

Trisha said...

Kurstin! If you happen to look back at these comments, PLEASE send me an invite to your blog:)
tlowchamp at gmail dot com

Heather said...

Ugh we used to live in an apartment complex like that! As for now we have AC but I am all large and pregnant so I cannot get comfortable at all!!!

Monson Family Fitness said...

I wish that it was that warm in Logan...it snowed again yesterday! I'm so sick of it, but being too hot is just miserable!

Natalie said...

That is definitely one thing I do NOT miss about living in DC. However, I do miss going to the park with you guys. :(