CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Halloween Reading List

Favorite Halloween Children's Books?
I need some festive spooky and fun books for this holiday.
I don't own that many, but I'm trying to slowly increase my library here.

On our shelves:
Piggie Pie
The Biggest Pumpkin Ever
some book I can't remember the name of, a small board book about growing pumpkins:)

In our shopping carts: (virtual/someday soon)
Frank was a Monster who wanted to dance
The little old lady who wasn't afraid of anything
Too Many Pumpkins
Five Little Pumpkins

So, that's a short list. Any suggestions? I would love to hear about your favorite books you read with your kids, or your own childhood favorite.

Also, what about adult books? I'm not much into gory stuff, or evil. So that may narrow my Halloween options a bit.

And just for fun, these photos are from Halloweens Past.
Naomi with girl friends Alayna (Snow White) and Abby (Hawaiian Princess) last year.

Naomi the Monkey with BFF Abby the Princess



5 comments:

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Abby, who of course will be Cinderella this year, will REALLY miss Naomi. Come back!!

Petit Elefant said...

I wish I could think of a pumpkin book of the top of my head, but I can't.

Love the princess outfit....

Anderson Avenue said...

Our favorite book is 'Big Pumpkin' by Erica Silverman. We like to do voices for all of the characters. It's a fun one.

Talia Vaughn said...

I like the book "Sad monster, Glad monster" and "Go away big green monster" Love ya and miss ya

Monson Family Fitness said...

my all time fav halloween book is The Hallo-wiener...it is so funny and cute all wrapped into one great book! by dav pilkey.