CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First times for James

James had a day with a few "firsts" in it. He's 22 months and seems to be changing so rapidly right now. He's learning new words and talking more. Learning colors. All that good stuff. So it's sweet when I consciously can catalog a moment that he did something brand new.

Earlier my kiddos were playing in the next room and I heard James come running to find me. He did, hugged my legs and then looked at me and said; "Naomi, hit. Naughty."
He had his first experience tattling. On his sister, of course. I found it to be so sweet that I laughed when I should have shown concern. It was a good moment in an otherwise kind of ornery-mommy day. We talked to Naomi and she was sorry and gave him a hug and a kiss. All better.

This next part wasn't a "first" but it's related to the above incident.
Later he had apparently  thrown a (quite heavy) Lightning McQueen at Noami. It hit her head. She came crying to me. It hurt and I could also tell that she was just plain sad that he had hurt her. On purpose, or so it seemed.
We then found him and I told him that we never throw toys at each other, that Noami was hurt, etc, etc. I asked him to say sorry to Noami. Instead of saying anything he just embraced her. He was sorry. Poor thing, he wasn't quite sure what he had done wrong in the first place by that time.

And best of all, today while we were just about ready to eat lunch I asked Naomi if she would ask a blessing for our meal. She, as usual, kinda declined, wanted me to say it. I said that I would help her. Ok then, she consented. I started out and James piped up. He was folding his arms and smiling. He proudly repeated "Hevly Fahder" and so he said the little prayer for us with my help. I told him he did a good job, it was so sweet! Naomi added, "you liked saying the prayer, maybe you can do it again next time!" Meaning, I'm sure, that she is now forever off the hook. What a gal.
He was so proud of himself, and so was I.



This is today, after a mid-morning shower. He busied himself with the squeegee, wiping down the shower door and floor, also trying to avoid the shower spray.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

He's a cute little buggar.
We need to hang out again. It is a shame that I am so lame and just sit around by myself all day.

Natalie said...

I love that picture! And the stories are super cute too. :)

Katy said...

I love all the stories! And I love reading about James and Naomi because they're so close in age to Hazel and Oliver!

Every time Oliver has to apologize to Hazel, her response to him is that she's sorry too. It's really cute.

And the other day, Oliver kept being mean to her, and by the end of the day he told me he was out of apologies. He'd run out of sorries!