CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 05, 2010

Create

I am in the mood to create something. I've been hanging around on design blogs all day, bookmarking, making mental notes of what I could do, what materials I have on hand.
A few things that are looking attractive to me right now:

Skye-O my friend and fantastic sewer made a really cute quit. Using scraps. I have scraps! I can do that! Something about quilts is so beautiful to me. I love them. I want to make them but I never, ever have. So this might be my first attempt. It's so cute, isn't it? She got the idea from here.

IS-LY is a really fun blog. She has cool ideas and often free patterns/tutorial. Like this one. An iPhone case. Not that I have an iPhone. But I'm thinking I can alter it for my little Pixi. And use felt, not leather. Might just work.
Also from her website, these tissue poms as a mobile. It's so pretty, I want to make one right now:)

And, I've pulled out all my hair clip/bow/headband making supplies. Naomi needs some new stuff for her hair and she's been asking for big flowers. So maybe I'll get some fun stuff done tonight. I also bought some little pearl beads, I think I might be able to incorporate those into something. The trick to all this stuff is this: Hot Glue. 

And last but not least, Naomi's birthday is coming up, SOON! We looked around online at some castle cakes and picked a few that we liked best. I'm thinking I'll whip one up that's a mix between these three. I really like the sand castle structure. It's cute off-center, and round. Fun stuff ahead!





Last year I did a Princess Belle cake. It turned out really cute and most importantly, Naomi loved it.

And on a different note, Naomi just informed me that she "needs ear drops!!!" Suddenly her ear hurts and it is 4:52 p.m. on a Friday. Awesome.

1 comment:

Skye O. said...

I'd love to see your quilt when it's finished.....

and I would LOVE to play barbies.