CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Half

Well, I did it!
A few Saturdays ago, I "ran" a half marathon. The St. George Half Marathon. More correctly, I completed the half marathon. That is 13.1 miles thank you. 

It was great. Actually it was great to finish and the first 7 miles were great! I ended up walking some towards the end but finished that thing running. My knee was giving me trouble past the half way mark. 

Talia and Wes were awesome and came down to the finish line to see me there, it was cold but they had bundled up their two boys and Naomi to see my big finish. I was a cold, tired girl when I made it to the end, but the important thing is that I made it! Tal and Wes are so awesome, they took care of, and played with, and fed Naomi all that day while I ran and then recovered (hot bath) and even took a nap. Thanks guys!

A few things to consider before my next half. And I am planning on doing more.
First, maybe I should stick to the warmer weather runs. I like it hot. And I swear I am partially cold-blooded.
Second. I needed to be a little more prepared. I was a little under-trained. But it was ok in the end.
Third. Don't eat Gu, protein bars, etc. They are gross and kind of made me feel sick on the run. I think I'll pack snacks I like. Maybe my favorite peanut butter-chocolate chip granola bars. Something appetizing. And maybe carry a Gatorade flavor I like. Lemon/Lime is yuck.

That's all I think of. I had a good run, I love my NikeFit shirt and capri's they are so comfortable. The shirt is for cold weather, but I was chilly still. My shoes were awesome, new Asics from my in-laws for Christmas. Big thanks for those. I really do love them.

Now I'm taking a little break for a week or so, then back to the gym until this snow melts away! 
I think I want to do some shorter races, maybe the Ogden Marathon 5K in May. But my next big run will be the Top of Utah half in August. And I'm recruiting running buddies. I'm not very fast though. Let me know if you want to run with me, or run the races too.

4 comments:

Erin Davis said...

You are AMAZING!!! Seriously, I don't think I could do that! :)

Jacquee said...

You are my hero, Trisha. Seriously.

I'm going to be "training" for a 5k in April. Lame, I know. I'm not a runner and I never have been so we'll see if I survive that puny one before I set my sights as high as a half marathon. You're awesome!

Kelly said...

Hooray for you!!!! That is awesome and you look great in your running wear. I loved the pictures of Disneyland and the great site for dresses. What an update. Glad to see it all. See you tonight.

ash said...

Woo, woo! Great job Trisha! You have inspired me to run a half:)