CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Naomi"s Birthday!

Naomi successfully turned 4 years old. And yes, I feel like that sounds old. She is old. Three seemed a lot more like a baby. Now she's very much a big girl. She has been for some time, I just like my children to stay as my little babies.
Naomi had quite the Birthday celebration! She celebrated early with her Champlin grandparents before they left for a vacation. The next morning she had a Valentines party as school, and got to pick a present at circle time for her birthday. Then, on her actual birthday Her Low grandparents visited and brought her presents. Later we had a fun little party with Naomi, Mommy, Daddy and James here at home. My friend Andrea let me borrow her cool cake pan to make the chocolate castle cake. It was beyond simple and looked very cool. The photo doesn't show the details very well. I didn't put tons of effort into decorating, but you can't beat frosting and m&m's! We went bowling at the fun park, Naomi, and James, they loved it. It was so funny to watch them barely get their balls rolling hard enough to make it down the lane.
The next day Naomi had her princess birthday party with her girlfriends! It was a blast. Those girls had a royal good time! They played dress-up, danced, colored, played pin-the-jewel-on-the-crown, ate cake and ice cream, decorated crowns, opened presents and just played their little hearts out.
I love how Naomi's castle cake turned out. She didn't even end up eating any of it. She's an ice cream kind of girl. I used cake cones for the pillars, and sugar cones on top. It was fun to make and a huge hit with the little princesses!
Overall it was a great week-long celebration. Lucky girl!
Naomi's already planning her party for next year, and from what it sounds like, it will be a Bat Man party!

6 comments:

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

She is such a cutie! I love that DRESS!

Brooke Low said...

Thank you for posting Naomi's birthday! The cake looks great.

Andrea said...

What a lucky little princess! And adorable too! I am glad she had so much fun for her birthday. Glad you got the cake to work out. I wondered how to decorate something with that much detail too! M&M's are a great idea!

Kelly said...

Naomi's party looks great! Lots of work, but so fun! Thanks for having Vivian over too to add to your chaos. They look like they had a wonderful time. Love you and your beautiful children.

Talia Vaughn said...

so cute and fun I love how all the little girls dressed up in pricess clothes. SO classic. Wish we could have been there! loveyouguys!

Natalie said...

Happy birthday Naomi! What fun times. I need you to tell me how to make those cool collages for the blog...