CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Beautiful Easter

Happy Easter!
I love this holiday. Last week I enjoyed so much preparing and teaching my little primary class about Easter. It was so touching to watch them from the beginning of the lesson saying that Easter was about candy, bunnies and eggs, to understanding that it's all about Jesus Christ's resurrection. We did the same hands on lesson with Naomi and James for Family Home Evening the next day. From the manual I had cut outs, similar to a flannel board story and the children just loved it. Visual and tactile materials are exactly what most little ones need to understand a concept.
But not to entirely dismiss the secular side, it is tied together and I think Eggs are the most beautiful example.
We have been busy planning and preparing all kinds of fun for Easter. My favorite "craft" this year is from Megan at Not Martha, her Easter Surprise Eggs are so pretty and fun, and a relatively simple activity. Naomi liked helping to empty the eggs, dye the eggs, fill and then assign name tags to each. Although I admit, I usually like to do it all myself, I like perfection and I have to remind myself to just let it go and let my little girl get in there and do it herself too. We had fun with these. They are filled with candy! Here's the LINK







We also had fun decoupaging hard boiled eggs the kids had dyed with their Grandma Linda earlier. We separated all the tiny paper flowers from my stash, poured some newly purchased Mod Podge and then got messy. James was great at this one. Naomi wasn't sure she really wanted to hold the gooey egg but she got into it finally. Talking to herself about how to get the flowers to stick to the egg, not the brush. So cute.



And finally, Easter Morning goodies from the "Easter Bunny." I like pretending to be all these generous people. Naomi was so excited that she wanted to go to bed an hour early last night.
It's been such a fun day so far, And I love listening to conference, it really is food for the soul.
And we have more fun in store at Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner soon.
Happy Easter, He is Risen!

 Those stuffed animals are also banks! I remember receiving a new stuffed animal every year at Easter, a tradition I loved.
The best way to empty an egg...

3 comments:

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Happy Easter! We missed you guys today. I kept thinking, why aren't the Champlins here to have dinner with us!? So thoughtless. ;)

Sarah said...

Awesome work on the eggs Trish! They look beautiful. I love the Easter Baskets too!

Natalie said...

What a fun mom. I'm definitely not that cool.