CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 30, 2010

Please shine down on me

I have started blogging less and less. I don't know why for sure. I just go with my desire to post, and that ebbs and flows. Apparently.

We had been enjoying some particularly beautiful springtime weather here in the otherwise tundra of Cache Valley. Spring is like that here. Actually, any season is. Except winter. That's always just cold. We were up in the 70's and everybody had come out of hibernation, jogging, biking, walking, playing basketball. I even spied my neighborhood kids dressed in dark clothes last weekend for night games! Remember those, I loved kick the can. What were the other ones we played? Sort of drawing a blank on actual names of games.

But now, this week has been so stinking cold! Rain is fine, I love a good rain storm and thunder, etc. That's awesome. But it's been about 40 degrees. I already put away the winter coats. Tomorrow is May, I mean, come on! It snowed the other day too. Good inch or so. It melted promptly but I was considering pulling the boots out of storage. Naomi's not giving up, she's staying optimistic. Today, before I realized what she was wearing, she made it out the door in flip flops and leggings. Freeze. She insists she is fine.

Life is speeding up. Things just get more complicated and busy. It's inevitable. I feel like I'm watching the last few months of calm I have right now. Summer is always busier than it is lazy. It seems like that to me.
I have a month of bona-fide spring left, if the weather will cooperate! I am planning a little trip next weekend to St George to see Talia and Wes, and their boys! Then I am going farther South (see, if the sun won't come, I'll go to the sun), to visit Cassie and her kids while they are in California at her parents. SO nice of her to let us come visit. It's been a year since I have seen this girl! That is far too long. California here I come. We will hit the beach and probably Disneyland too. It's awesome, I'm a junkie now too. I also have a 5k race with my sister Ginger the weekend I get back from the sun. It's all good stuff, busy, but good.

This summer I have swimming lessons in June for Naomi planned and I'm teaching a Summer Camp group one week that month too. July will bring (my birthday!) family-get-togethers, and a Lake Powell trip. August, I'll be getting ready and starting school again. And Noami will start preschool in September. Me in school will probably be the biggest change for us. More structured mornings, more baby sitters, less mommy. I feel good about going back, I'm starting a graduate program that I am really excited about. But even as easy of a load as I will have, and how consolidated my schedule is, I will feel the time exchange. And I will welcome the change of pace, and scenery and challenges, but I will miss that time with my babies too.
So here's to a Summer of excitement and the beginnings of a new stage in life!

*post edit. One more awesome thing to look forward to this summer, Brook, Jesse and their boys are coming to visit, for a MONTH! hooray!

No comments: