CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Sing to me Baby!

Here's some happy news, James is singing the ABC song. Currently. He's in his crib and has been for at least an hour and a half. He's not sleeping apparently. I put him down for a nap late and he decided that he would rather jump in his crib, and sing, and play than sleep. So I am blogging instead of napping. He just started singing the ABC's in earnest a few days ago. I just got from Naomi's book order, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, finally. And it's a huge hit. That book is interesting. It did something just right. Kids love it. And I'm always just a little surprised at how much. My kids are no exception. We've read it every night all week. At the end of the book (and at the beginning) there is a two page spread of the alphabet. So we sing it together a few times. James unfailingly will clap and say "yay!" when we finish. So cute. Naomi tells James she is "so proud" of him. That's so cute too.
I took a video of him singing other night, it's loud and he's hard to understand but it's pretty adorable. His learning is is so visible and measurable at this age, it's so fun to watch. He is talking and talking and talking. About everything. Naomi told me this the other day; "I'm so glad my baby can talk." So am I.

Update- James is sleeping now, I think. It's 4:04 p.m. Sweet. Nope, scratch that. He's just quieter.

3 comments:

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

What a big boy!! We can't wait to see you guys!

Natalie said...

Yay James!

Ben and Michelle said...

How adorable!! Good job James