CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Oh Naps!

This was written about two weeks ago...

I'm currently in the middle of a potentially wonderful or equally horrid situation. Ok, that's a little dramatic. Naomi is awake, and sad/mad in her pack and play, she woke up after 45 minutes and I'm not getting her out. She's taking one nap a day and on our new schedule that IS GOING TO WORK, she will "nap" for at least 1 and 1/2 hours.

Sigh.

Yesterday was day one of my new enforced nap schedule, I had been kinda winging it for the past week or so since she dropped to one nap, getting her down for a nap anywhere between noon and 3!!! I needed some structure, so did she.
She woke up yesterday too, I went in and calmed her a bit and told her to go back to sleep, like magic, she did! Today I am trying the "don't go in there'' approach. So far, um.... indeterminable results.

My goal is to have nap time start between 12:30 and 1p.m. (for now) and like I said above, have her nap at least 1 1/2. That's not too much to ask is it???!!

ooooohkay. I think I'm going to have to go in there. be back in a sec....

Well. I started this post and then never finished it! I decided to post it anyway, it's a little bit of a journal entry type post, for me anyway. Naomi is now officially transitioned to her one nap a day, it's usually about 1 and 1/2 hours, sometimes 2 or more. Looks like it worked out.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Oooh, good job. A great accomplishment to settle into one nap. So much easier, now you can go out for half the day without having to worry about naps! YAY! You're a good mom Trish. Now hang on to that one nap as long as you can!