CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 22, 2007

WOW- been a minute

Summer is so my favorite!
I've been so busy having fun that I haven't gotten around to posting for the past, um- forever:)
Zach's been busy working part-time for his uncle's development project and then being an intern at the courthouse the other "part." He's home a lot more than in law school, that's for sure and it's been so nice. Naomi loves her daddy and I do too!
We've been busy little people so far this summer. Going to the pool, the park, boating and playing at (both) grandma's houses. And Grandpa's houses too I should add.
Naomi LOVES the water. Leaving the pool is always a little sad. She also loves the water slides at the pool too. Today she was actually trying to push my mom and nephew Isaac out of the way so she could hurry up and go down!
Naomi has been talking up a storm lately and is so sweet. She says "please" when asking for things all the time! It makes me laugh, I don't know if I could refuse such a sweet request.

Ok, so other new- something funny happened on my way the get my hair cut. A few days ago I was going to King Hair, just a walk-in to get my hair trimmed and especially my bangs. I pulled in the back by Cafe Ibis but all the parking in the back was full or "reserved" for Zions bank customers. So I drove out through the automatic teller lane onto 100 N to turn onto Main street to park. As I pull forward to look for traffic before turning onto 100 N all of the sudden a kid on a skateboard appears out of NOWHERE! Actually he came from the direction of Main, he was hidden from my view, and me from his by the Zions building until the last possible second.
My instincts kicked in even as I am going through the horrid scenario or popping this kid clean off his board. I wasn't going fast, just a few miles an hour really but still, it would have hurt... Lucky for my brain my feet slam on the brakes, and as I screech to a stop the kid and I stare at each other for a half second and we both put our hands up for some reason as he continues to roll past. Me for "Oh wow, sooooo sorry and so glad I didn't HIT YOU!" Him for "wow dude, that was close, I'm all right." So that was my little heart stopping event of the week. I figure I only need about one a week to keep me going:)

No comments: