CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 09, 2008

Being a Mom today






I went in the room to find James wiggling with the blanket over his face. I pulled it off and he flashed me a big grin as if to say "that was silly, wasn't it!?".
James is discovering his hands. I catch him trying his best to focus on them, they're a little close. He also loves to suck on his fist, especially when I change his diaper, which for some funny reason he just loves!
He loves attention, if you're not visible to him he starts complaining. Sometimes I can get Naomi to entertain him, but that's short lived. He loves to be held and talked to. He gets SO excited sometimes, he gets his whole body into the kicking and basically just spaz-ing out. It's adorable. Also, he ALWAYS gives Zach a BIG smile when he sees him. But I'm pretty sure I'm his favorite, I do have the food after all:) Jkjk.
Naomi is finally down for a nap today, almost 2 hours after I put her in her bed. That's what we get for having a "big girl bed." But there's no turning back now, she would rather die than have to get in a "baby crib." Naomi is such a good helper, but she's also two.... I find myself expecting too much of her sometimes. She likes to ask why but doesn't really understand what she is asking. Sometimes I answer the why, sometimes not. Naomi is talking so much and so well, she surprises me all the time. I love when she tells me how she feels. For example she will tell me she is happy, or sad or she is "being nice" which means not naughty:)
Zach watched her put her sandals on yesterday and asked me if I taught her how to do that. I didn't know what he meant because she's been putting her shoes on by herself for a long time. He had me watch her put on her second shoe to show me what he was talking about. Naomi pushed the strap that goes around the back of her foot/ankle down under the sole/heel of the shoe so she could then slip her foot into the sandal without getting it caught on the back strap. It was so smart of her to think of a solution like that all on her own!
Back to James, he is sleeping all night, BUT he wakes up at about 4 am every morning and wants a binky. I swaddle him and by then he has wiggles out and is rubbing his eyes and needs a little help getting back to sleep. I re-swaddle him quickly and give him his binky and we're good to go until about 6 when he wants it back and then we usually get up around 7. So not bad for 3 months! Really I am so pleased with the amount of sleep this boy lets me get. I know I am totally lucky. He goes to bed around 8, give or take. Next step is weaning him off being swaddled and needing a binky. But we'll get there eventually:)

No comments: