CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 27, 2008

Goodbye Charlotte

I never know how to begin these posts. I guess that was as good of a beginning as any.


I just put the kids down for naps. James is just the sweetest little bundle of baby I've ever seen! I'm really loving this kid. He's such a sweetie. I was playing with him on the bed for a few minutes before I laid him down, he was giggling when I would pull his toes up to his nose and touch it. It was so cute. He's just getting to be so much fun. And he's just so chubby and yummy and snugly:) Naomi wanted James to sit in her baby stroller and he just fit. Barely. He thought it was great, so did Naomi. And I had to put up this picture of James in Zach's homemade baby sling-thing. He wanted a carrier to hold James on his hip facing out. He used a long-sleeved T-shirt. It was funny but creative. And it worked really well!


I've been having so much fun this past week! Especially the past few evenings I've had a baby sitter so we could go out to a few different things. Naomi especially fell in love with one of them, Leslie, who is also a summer intern with Zach at MVA offered to watch Naomi for us. She was fantastic, Naomi couldn't stop talking about her. She still asks for Leslie, but she says it: "Les-o-lee" three syllables:) We went to a couples baby shower for our friends Heather and Robb, it was actually a lot of fun, despite what Zach thought about guys attending a baby shower;)

Last Sunday we took the kids to POPS in the park. It's a symphony concert at a park in South Charlotte area. They were playing Broadway hits and it started out really great and the weather was beautiful. Then it suddenly started pouring rain! So we all ran for cover- it got rained out last year too. But we had fun for the little while we were there.
POPS in the park with Heather

We also went to dinner this week with a couple from the firm, Zach's mentor and his wife. The restaurant was nice and the food was so good! It was fun to have a nice night out to dinner and it was especially fun to get to know them better.

AND, (it keeps on going- I've been spoiled), last night we went to a progressive dinner with people from the firm. We did appetizers at one place, mixed the groups around a little for dinner at another persons home and then everyone met for dessert at one house- it was a partner at the firm, and their house was just amazing, so was the house where we had dinner too. I was so glad I got to go, it was great to finally meet some of the people Zach talks about and also to see some of the ones I already knew and get to know them better. And really it was just cool to have such a fun evening out! Our babysitter was great, she was someone I had never met before, so I was a little nervous but she did a great job. She fed Naomi dinner, James a bottle, managed multiple messy diapers and got them both to sleep on time. AND she straightened up the kitchen and family room. Yeah, she did a good job:)

And yesterday morning the kids and I met some friends at a place downtown called Discovery Place. It was really awesome. I was having as much fun as Naomi! They have all kinds of science and math hands on displays. Building blocks and right now there is a huge display all about Dinosaurs, and puppet theater. There is also a mini aquarium. Each tank had really interesting fish, eels, and even a nurse shark in one. We found Nemo and Dori too! Naomi especially loved the ocean pool. She got to put her hands in the water and touch/pet some hermit crabs, star fish and other cool things.

There was a KidsPlace room. Naomi spent a good hour there playing. It has a huge water table, tree house, doll house, train tables. It was really fun. I could go on and on, I have actually. It was just pretty cool and I'm definitely getting a family membership if we do move here. There is also an IMAX theater there too.






Ok, enough about that:)

Right now I should be packing. I'm flying out of here tomorrow morning at 7:45 a.m. getting to SLC a little after 10 a.m. Zach (bless his soul) is driving our car filled with stuff back up to DC and then flying out at 5:30 p.m. So, it's going to be a busy day! I'm really excited to get to Utah and see family and some friends. But really I've had a great time here in Charlotte. Zach had a good internship and I think he feels good about how it all went.

Naomi is not really potty training. I've let it take a back burner. But she still sits on her potty regularly- after every time she wets or poops her diaper! She's actually started taking off her diaper herself when it's not clean and sitting on her potty. Note the diaper on the table in the picture...




I might be going on a bit of a blogging hiatus once in Utah. Being around family does that to me for some reason. My goal is to post weekly, however small.

8 comments:

Latida108 said...

Hey Trish, we should try to hook up sometime while you're here! It sounds like you have been having lots of summer fun! Yay! I love summer!

Melissa said...

Glad you guys had a great time here in Charlotte. Sorry I wasn't able to make it to Discovery Place the other day.. crazy morning.

Anyhoo - maybe you guys will move back here this summer and we can play some more.

Have a great time in Utah.. hope the kiddos did well on the flight!

Anne-Marie said...

Have a great trip!! Hopefully we'll run into you somewhere!! :)

kat said...

Wow, your life is quite the adventure!! :) I hope you have fun back here in Utah. You are a BABE!! and your kids are sooo dang cute!

Natalee said...

Trisha... hey I'm reviving our old blog, you should post our link on your site: http://brockandnatalee.blogspot.com/

:P see ya soon

Monson Family Fitness said...

Holy Crap! You've been doing a TON of stuff! That seemed like a short time in Charlotte...but glad you'll be coming home! I might be seeing you sometime! Have fun!

Jeweza Broma Chaluk said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

-Brock

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

WOW! Busy times! I was laughing at the diaper on the table! She justs tosses it where ever?! hahahah