CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 18, 2009

Bike and Trike

I finally bought Naomi a bike yesterday! She has LOVED it. We have taken many rides so far and went for a really long ride this afternoon, probably about 1/2 a mile. She is getting so good, I am so proud:)
She does funny things, but totally normal. She gets scared going down our very gentle sloping driveway, because she goes fast and she's worried she won't be able to stop. We took that part slow today and she realized she can do it! She brakes altogether too often, but she's being cautious, I like that. She can get going by herself, doesn't need a push and understands that I mean business that there is no bike without the helmet.
She is proud of herself and chatters to me about everything she sees while she rides. She stops a lot to smell the roses. Literally. I love being reminded about the small things. A three year old's perspective is very different from mine and I am enjoying her running commentary about everything she is seeing and experiencing. She stopped to pick and blow dandelion puffs about 10 times, and as many flowers and leaves and random berries.
James also scored a new set of wheels. A cherry red tricycle! He is also very much in love. He likes to stand just behind the pedals and shuffle along. Today he was actually sitting and scooting with his feet. He will place his feet on the petals and let me push a little bit. Naomi learned how to ride a tricycle last summer, I expect it will be a while before he has the pedaling down.
Here's some cute photos of these two cute kids enjoying their new modes of transportation.






Isn't he just the cutest thing?

That's our home in the background, she on the intimidating driveway.


Love this boy.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

cute place Trish! I can't wait to stop by and see you. James looks so huge to me. I love the bikes!

Jenny said...

Um Trisha, you are my neighbor! Holy freaking crap. Look across the pond at the green house and then get your butt over here and say hello.

Erin Davis said...

What a cute dress, and bike! I love the new posts. :)