CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

It's embarrassing when


...you lose your child at Sam's Club.

I was with my mom and we both thought the other had her. Naomi disappeared while my mom was in line and I was getting treats at the snack bar.

After looking for her through about 1/2 the store, by all the princess stuff, swing sets, tricycles/scooters, couches, books and movies, I went back to the check stand with a worried look and the cashier offered to call a "Code Adam".

So... the supervisor came jogging over, asked me for a description (brown, curly pig tails, reddish-orange dress, yellow flip flops) and called out over the intercom to "all associates" that there was a Code Adam.

While she was occupied doing this I gazed at the store entrance and my mind started racing that someone could have just taken her home with them! I started to panic.

I took off down the aisles again searching more frantically. There were workers looking too, talking to each other and making jokes. I was feeling kinda sick.

I rounded a corner and a lady with a blond pony tail told me suddenly with a smile that they found her. I leaned to look past her and could see Naomi running towards the front of the store.

The blond pony tail lady chuckled that they found her with the big stuffed animals, she was taking a ride on a dinosaur.

I thanked her, and raced after Naomi, embarrassed that I was one of those parents who loses their children in the store. Bleh.

I picked up Naomi and quietly told her that she needs to stay right by Mommy at the store, that she could get lost or hurt. I swear everyone waiting in the check out lines was watching me. Thinking, "who loses their child?"

Embarrassed but relieved we left the store, together and happy.

6 comments:

JaCee said...

I know exactly the dinosaur ride naomi went on because last night at sam's my daughter did the same thing! I'd choose embarrassment over parental fear any day! I hate that feeling!

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Yeah, remember last summer at the fountains... it happens to us all, except I was frantically crying. Talk about embarrassing. I'm glad everything turned out alright. We miss you guys!

Talia Vaughn said...

Trish it could happen to ANYONE! WEs's cousin lost his one year old in circus circus arcade the other day. We were all FREaking OUT!! LUckily we found him after about one minute but it is scary when something like that happens!

Anne-Marie said...

you poor thing!! I HATE that! I'm glad it all turned out well, tho

Brooke Low said...

That is the worst feeling in the world! I lost Matthew in babies-r-us two years ago and they did the code adam thing. I am glad she is okay!

Emily + Eric said...

Oh Trisha - I'm sorry! That is the all time worst feeling ever. Glad she was okay!