CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Visiting D.C.

A little back-tracking but I wanted to share some fun pictures from our first week here in D.C.
Chad drove (rode) the U-haul out with Zach from Illinois and stayed the rest of the week with us and toured D.C. a bit. It was horribly hot but we had fun.
Naomi spacing out, the Capitol is lit up by the setting sun.

Zach and Naomi taking the steps down from the Capitol. Naomi was very much a "big girl" wanting to do everything herself, even push the stroller.

The statue in the foreground is of President Ulysses S. Grant. I'm not sure what he's famous for, probably tons of great things, or oh yeah- winning the civil war as the General of the Union army. Anyway, it made for a beautiful shot of the D.C. Mall (the grass area, I didn't know it was called that:) and Washington Monument.

WHEW- we walked to the Washington Monument, and then on to the Lincoln Memorial. It's all MUCH further than it looks. But I think I'm just out of shape...
Chad, Naomi and me

Zach takes some great shots if I ever let him hold the camera! This is me, Naomi and Chad again at the Washington Monument

This was a really pretty memorial, the World War II Memorial was about 1/2 way between the Washington Mnt. and the Lincoln Mem. (I didn't post any of the later, they all ended up a little too blurry, it was dark by then and I'm no good with in-the-dark pics.)
Anyway, it was a circular monument and around the inside each state, district or territory was inscribed on the wall. In the center was a beautiful fountain and pool. Really it was worth the walk. Naomi loved the water, she really wanted to hop in!

Pretty isn't it?

Zach on the Supreme Court steps. Chad and Zach hit the town the next day while Naomi and I stayed home and went to our apartments swimming pool instead! It was a good break for us.

We went to Arlington and Mount Vernon on Friday. This is Naomi and Zach at the amphitheater. The other side is the Tomb of the Unknowns where we watched the changing of the guard. I don't know how much I would like their job...

Zach and Naomi in Arlington National Cemetery.

2 comments:

Dani said...

I'm so excited to come and visit you in DC! Tomorrow we're headed to NYC, we should plan a girls trip there!

Amy said...

Your little girl is sooo cute!! Just wanted to say hi :)