CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 24, 2007

When did you get so smart?

Last night I told Naomi to "please close the phone and put it in the purse..... thank you." She was in just her diaper and Zach was going to get her ready for bed, read stories etc while I ran his suit and shirts to the cleaners to be pressed. (he needs them Monday.)

So I told Naomi "I'll be back in just a minute, OK! Daddy's going to put your jammies on and read stories and then I'll be back."

"purse" said Naomi. She loves purses and everything she finds in mine. Especially my wallet with assorted cards, keys and the coveted phone.

"I need to take my purse, I'll be back in just a minute and you can play with my purse."

"OK" she says, like we made a serious deal.

I zip out and then home again and Naomi meets me in the hallway.

"Purse?"

Oh yeah, duh. "Oh, let me get it." I remove my wallet and phone and then hand her the purse as we re-enter her room.

She didn't see me remove the contents and begins searching only to let out a frustrated little whine and push the purse back at me and say "phone!"

"It's time for bed, let's read a book." She considers and lets me redirect her attention.

As we are reading the book Zach says quietly to me, "Seriously, when did she get so smart? A few minutes after you left she looked at me and said: "Mama, purse, cards, phone." I told her "yep" and that you would be back in just a minute with all that."

Sheesh. She's only 1 1/2. She knows too much.

No comments: