CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Listen Up! I have an announcement!!!

Naomi is in a toddler BED!
She is sleeping in it right now for the second day straight (naps included).
I was NOT planning on moving her to a bed for quite a while. I was going to just keep our baby when he come in the pack and play until I needed to move Naomi. I didn't want to deal with her being out of bed when she should be in and really I just wanted to delay the transition until I had to. She wasn't climbing out of her crib or anything yet.
Well, the real reason we made the switch was because I got a super cute wood frame toddler bed for FREE on Sunday.
How?
Freecycle.org (click that link and go find your local group.)
It's a darling little bed, light colored wood and in great condition. I had actually received the mattress for it (same as a crib mattress) a few days earlier also from freecycle.
Naomi hasn't been "perfect" with the bed but she's been really, really good. It was MUCH easier than I expected. Maybe it will get worse.....
When we set it up, it was love at first sight.
Naomi flopped down on it and wanted to pretend to sleep, it was so cute. I decided to give it a try that night, why not? Her crib is still up so if it wasn't going to work I can just put her in the crib as usual.
She loves her new "big girl bed".
I need to get a picture of it, I just never seem to think about it until she's sleeping in it. Maybe I'll have her pose after nap today:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We recently switched Jordan to a "big boy bed" too! He has been absolutely wonderful with it and I am so glad it's done! It's a relief isn't it. I've heard that they learn naughty things once they've been in it awhile, and I decided (like you did) that if he does get out of bed or plays with his toys or anything that he will be demoted to the "baby crib" as we have named it. He does NOT want to go back to the crib so it will be great motivation! I'm in no hurry to get this baby into the crib!

Monson Family Fitness said...

That is sooo cool! I had never even heard of freecycle...but I looked one up and there's a whole bunch of stuff listed! How does it make you feel now that your baby is growing up into a "big girl"? I think I would get depressed...before you know it she'll be going to college!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

WOW! You are lucky that Naomi has done so well in her bed! On my blog I asked for suggestions about the whole toddler bed thing about 3 months ago because nothing seemed to work for Ethan. YOU LUCKY DUCK! What a good girl! EThan of course stays in his bed, but it took a couple weeks of re-inforcement!