CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

So, if you're Canadian......

I was browsing around the Huggies.com website and found a sweepstakes to enter.
Free diapers for a year!
Yay! I'm all about free and SOMEONE wins these things, right?
So I entered of course.
Afterward I decided to check out the rules and how many winners there are, etc. and I find this little sentence tucked away in the last paragraph:

To be declared a winner, any Canadian resident selected will be required to correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or other, a time-limited mathematical question. The question will be administered by telephone at a mutually convenient time. Entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.

So, if your Canadian, you better brush up on your math skills! Seriously though- do you think it's like "what's 2 + 2" or some impossible-to-solve-without-a-calculator complex algorithm?
Who writes these kinds of laws anyway?????

4 comments:

Natalie said...

That is too funny! Why only the Canadians? Don't they thing we're smart enough? lol

Erica said...

Are you kidding me? What a weird thing. I hope you win though!

Emily + Eric said...

Congratulations Ms. Jones, you've successfully won a year's supply of diapers....now what's the square root of 579?

Do they realize how dumb that sounds? Thanks for the laugh!

Theurer Clan said...

How funny is that?! I love Naomi's new bed! What is this freecycle? It sounds great!