CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Mommy Survey

I copied this from Andrea's blog. It looked like fun, and since I'm about to go through another delivery, it was enjoyable to think back about some of the details. It's kind of long, and possibly really boring- consider yourself warned- So here we go:)

1. Age(s)? 23 months

2. Name(s)? Naomi Natalie

3. Birthday(s)? 2/15/06

4. Time(s) of birth? 7:58 p.m.

5. How long did labor last? 10 hours, give or take. I was induced that morning, I think they started the pit at about 10 or 11.

6. Who was in the room when baby was born? Zach, my doctor and 2-3 nurses.

7. How long did you push? about 1/2 hour, about 5 sets of 3, I was super surprised how fast that part went. My nurse made me stop pushing and wait for my doctor to get there. She did, but JUST in time:) My doctor walked in and said, "Oh, you're crowning!"

8. Weight? 6 lb, 8 oz

9. Length? 19

10. Any hair? Not really, she had a little fuzz that promptly fell out over the next few weeks.

11. Who does baby look like? Most everyone thinks she looks like Zach but she does have some features like me- she looks like my baby pictures right now.

12. Be honest...how much weight did you gain while pregnant? I gained 32 lbs, or could have been 33? I think I'm well on my way to breaking that record with this pregnancy....

13. Was the baby early or late? 5 days early.

14. Who drove you home from the hospital? Zach

15. How many baby showers did you have? 5, (blush). My mom and sisters threw one for our side of the family and neighbors, same with Zach's mom and sisters. My good friend Sarah threw a friends shower with all the girls. The ladies in my ward did a neighborhood shower and the girls I worked with threw me one too!

16. When did baby start sleeping through the night? 6 months. 6 looooong months. She finally slept all night when we said goodbye to the binky.

17. Did you breastfeed? Yes- for about a year.

18. Who takes care of your baby/kids the most? I do. But Zach is soooo Super Dad when he's home!

19. When do you want to have another one? Preferably BEFORE March 17th:)

20. How did you pick the name(s)? Some friends of ours had a little Naomi when we were first married and I fell in love with the name, then a few years later as we were trying to pick a name I got a 'Naomi' in the temple and it just stuck in my head. I love her name.

21. How did you know when it was time to go to the hospital? I called bright and early to see if I could come in (for my scheduled induction) and they said call back in a few hours, we had a REALLY busy night (it was Valentines the day before:) So then we waited and called back, got the go ahead and drove on over. I have no idea what I'm going to do this time! I have to start labor on my own and then get there at the right time. Hopefully It'll be a no-brainer!

22. Anyone spend the night with you the first night home? Just Zach! Naomi had to stay an extra night in the NICU, she was being screened for an infection, she got a rough start for some reason. She ended up with no infections and came home the next morning.

23. Did you cry the first time you held your baby? No, the first thing out of my mouth was "She's so BLUE!" She pinked up quickly though.

24. Where was the baby born? Logan, UT

25. Did you video tape the birth? No. In fact, Zach dropped the video camera during labor sometime and the battery pack broke off! He was so depressed but it was all a little comical to me:) He could use the camera if it was plugged in to an outlet. We didn't plan on taping the birth anyway- we got some footage of me hanging out in bed and then of our little pink baby girl.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I think you had five showers, cause I threw you one! Oh well, you forgot. THANKS!!! jk. It's fun to read about how Naomi started!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

That was fun to read! I didn't know you had Naomi on my birthday! No wonder why she is a wonderful baby!!!!

The Over Family said...

I love reading about birth stories! It sounds like your labor wasn't too bad either...hopefully the next one will be just as good! :)