CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I Voted



I got a sticker too. It ensures treats at places like Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, and the like today and tomorrow.
I noticed that most, and I mean probably about 90% of voters there this morning appeared to be part of the younger crowd, like under 30. I was impressed and proud:)
The real story is that I waited in line for an hour and a half!!! I got there at 7:30 a.m. Polls opened at 7. The line was about the same when I finished voting. Zach stayed home with our kids, that was so nice of him. He's going to vote this afternoon, hopefully the line isn't too much longer for him.

I wasn't really expecting the line to be that long. Maybe it's just this election has a much higher voter turnout than past elections, and maybe it's be because I'm from Utah that I was a little shocked at the turnout.

I'm glad I've done it. So get out and vote!


http://www.benjerry.com/features/i_voted/
http://www.starbucks.com/sharedplanet/news.aspx
http://www.krispykreme.com/images/hot_vote_now08_pop.jpg

3 comments:

Natalie said...

An hour and a half!? Ugh! I'm going to go as soon as Charlie wakes up but now I'm not very excited about it...

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Votes here in Ohio really count! In UTah it doesn't seem like such a big deal to vote, but here, there were lines nearly 4 hour long that my friends had to wait in! CRAzy!

Heather said...

I had absolutely no lines when I went to vote! An hour and a half sounds horrid!