CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 02, 2008

I don't like daylight savings...

This is Naomi and her Power Ranger Ship Tower!

So daylight savings is not something I really look forward to, anymore. Not since I have children. That and I am lazy and annoyed about having to change all my clocks. I like that my computer and cell phone change automatically.

"Fall Back" should be a great way to catch an extra hour of sleep. It used to be, and I think I remember it being lovely. When I was a teenager I used to argue with my dad that I should be able to stay out an hour later Saturday night. I don't think that was ever a successful debate on my part. In fact, I'm pretty sure he tried to turn it around on me in the Spring, saying I should get home an hour earlier.

Anyway. Having kids and changing times kind of messes with the balance we try so hard to obtain around here. Just when I have these little stinkers sleeping until 7 a.m. or so (instead of 6!!!), we go and "fall back" an hour. Keeping them up at night for a later bedtime works some, but it's not a fix all. Kids have an internal clock and it's tough to change it.

So what I'm saying is that instead of an extra hour of sleep, we end up with an extra hour of awake time. That means tired kids. And it also means that they have the tendency to wake up at 5:30 and think it's 6:30. Kids, or rather babies and toddlers, have no inclination to "sleep in". I think that is a skill you pick up when you hit your teens.

Tonight we put our kids to bed at about 7:30. It felt like 8:30 to them, which is a little late nowadays, so they were dragging. Tomorrow I won't be surprised if they wake up at 6 a.m. because it will still a bit like 7 to them. I guess what I'm saying is that it's going to be a while before I get to sleep past 6 again.

Darn daylight savings.
And some pictures too of course.

Carving pumpins on Halloween
Happy Halloween 2008

4 comments:

Erin Davis said...

I agree......completely!

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

We had a nice wakeup call at 6 this morning. Ahhh!!!

Anne-Marie said...

i hear ya! mason was up at 5 this a.m. which is early, even for him. i was not pleased.

Natalie said...

I totally hate daylight savings! What is the point anyways? I think it's time we abolished it altogether. Grr!