CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Surgery Update

Hi everyone,

This is Zach reporting on Trisha's surgery. Everything went well. Better than planned. Trisha is enjoying a few pampered nights at the hospital sharing a room with Shaquanda "what is the strongest pain medication combination you can legally give because none of this is working, and I can't stop grunting and talking to myself" DeShane, a middle aged DC resident who asked the doctor if she couldn't just take some of the IV pain killer home with her. As for the cyst it turned out to be Trisha's right ovary gone 'Chernobyl.' So that was removed along with the right Fallopian tube. The doctor said it was about the size of a football although we are all a bit skeptical because the radiology images never indicated anything that big. It was kind of like a fishing story where he would indicate that the cyst was "thiiis biiiig" making an oblong sort of motion with his hands that was never the same size and got larger every time we asked. However there is no doubt that the resident surgeon that helped "reel it in" had the trophy cyst stuffed and mounted on his wall. Which is kind of a bummer because I was hoping we would get it in one of those formaldahyde jars---oh well. Anyway thanks for everyone's help and prayers, we couldn't do it alone and love you all.

10 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

I hope she is doing okay. That's crazy, I had a similar thing happen a year ago, I was in the hospital for about 5 days in excruciating pain, they didn't know what was wrong with me, and I had a similar problem, but I lost my left ovary and tube completely. It was really scary, and a very very painful recovery. So get lots of rest, and know that this will all pass and you will be back on your feet before you know it!!!

Heather J. said...

Thanks for the update...your Charlotte fan club has been thinking a lot about your family. :)

kat said...

You are in my prayers! I hope the recovery is speedy and you can get back to holding your little one. I wish I could bring you dinner!

Anne-Marie said...

I'm so glad that the surgery went well. I hope she recovers quickly. Send her our best wishes and good luck with your little ones :) p.s. how's school holding up during all these fun times??

Raegan said...

Oh Trish... the thought of having surgery as a Mom makes my heart ache for you. It's so hard to make yourself take it easy when you have little ones that need you. I hope you are feeling better and may your recovery be a speedy one! Love 'ya!

Suzy Tranter said...

Trish! Sorry to hear about the surgery but glad it went well! Your kids are darling!!

Heather said...

Zach...Dude.... You are watching way too much Grey's Anatomy with that cyst in a jar of formaldehyde comment. (ha love it!)

I hope Trisha is doing well still. Let me know if y'all need anything.

Natalie said...

We're finally back in town so we can help out! Call us whenever and we'll call you too...

Ruth Emmett said...

Trisha, I'm glad the surgery went well and you are in our prayers!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

WOW! I can't imagine the pain and discomfort of having a football inside of me! That is crazy!!!! I hope you are doing well Trish!