CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Two Weeks


I've been having a very lazy past two weeks. It's been wonderful;) My mom was here until Tuesday of this week helping me with my heavy weight champ(lin) and Naomi and everything else that goes on around here. It was much needed help, she did my dishes so many times.... I hate doing dishes, that was the greatest.


I am feeling better than I expected but still sore of course. I'm doing a bit better every day. I don't want to get my hopes up just yet, but I'm letting little thoughts of skiing the Beav in Utah after Christmas sneak into my daydreams. We will see.

Today is Thanksgiving and I am of course thankful for so many things. I always have enough food to eat and a comfortable place to live. I have a wonderful little family and a great extended family too. In comparison to so many people in our world, I have so much. It's sometimes mind boggling. I am, as they say "seriously, so blessed" ;) We have some friends coming over, the Ferguson's who are bringing 1/2 the food. It will be fun to spend the afternoon with them.

Naomi is so observant, she watches everything I do. She is getting so good at so many things, like using the mouse on the computer. She can get out a dvd, open the cd drive, load the dvd in and start a movie herself- she even seems to know where play is on the start up menu. She can pause and play movies too. I guess it is evident what we have been doing a LOT of the past few weeks.....
James is nigh unto crawling. So close. He is up on all fours rocking and launching forward. He usually ends up crawling/scooting backwards. That makes him so very frustrated. He also is pulling up to standing. He needs help a bit with that but he loves it. He loves to be standing, holding my hands. Naomi likes to help too, but then she forgets that he can't take off with her as she nearly drags him around the living room;) She is waiting and waiting for him to hurry up and grow up so he can play with her!


My mom and I took Naomi to the mall to see Santa last weekend and she walked right up and sat on his lap. I was thrilled but admittedly a bit surprised. She then wanted to get off and talk to him standing in front of him. When he asked what she wanted for Christmas she said "presents, and presents and lots of presents!" Smart girl. Later in Macy's they had a table with postcards where you could write a letter to Santa and mail it in their big shiny red mail box. Naomi sat down with me and drew squiggly lines as she dictated out loud that she was writing that she wanted "a dolly and a barbie with a long, long dress and a puppy and presents and candy and treats,.." etc. It was pretty adorable. She is also warming up to having her picture taken, obviously.
Naomi and James are so funny in the bath. James loves the water like crazy. And Naomi on the other hand likes it now, loves it now, but never on her face. When she was James' age she would get so mad if the water got on her face. James isn't even phased if water is poured over his head. He kicks non stop in the water and even doesn't seem to mind the after bath getting dressed part too much. Naomi likes to get wrapped up too in her hoodie towell and then sit infront of the space heater for a while. I totally understand where she's coming from. There are few things worse than being cold. James must take after Zach...not like that's a surprise at all!


Last night Zach stripped James down to his diaper and we got out the camera of couse. His chubs are so cute! He seems to be loosing a few rolls but there is plenty still left. We sat around and listened to Christmas music and watched Naomi dance. She was darling. I'll try to load a video but I've never been able to do that successfully yet.
Update- the file was too large, I'm going to try a smaller video of James.




Also, lastly, I've been busy (sitting of course) making all things darling for little girls hair! I opened an Etsy shop and have listed for sale some Christmas hair clips. I have more non-Holiday clippies to list as well. It has been fun, I love creating things. Naomi likes to get her hand in there on the action as well. Her very favorite clips are the green ones with rhinestones. I favor the candy cane ones with the red button. We'll see if anything sells. If not then I have loads for Naomi and to give to friends. My shop name is NaomiBaby, that name is linked.

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

Moms are the best. I am glad to hear that you are doing well. Hope all continues to go good for you.

Natalie said...

We had so much fun with you guys on Thanksgiving! Thanks for having us over!!

Kelly said...

First off - Mom's really ARE the best.

AND, I love the candy cane clips!!!! Those are so darling!

LASTLY, james is the cutest thing going. I love his rolls too and will be sad when he sheds them when he learns to crawl.

Heather said...

You're so lucky to have had your Momma in town. Mom's are seriously THE BEST! Oh and BTW what in the world are you feeding your boy?!! He is so stinkin cute! I just want to squeeze his cheeks!