CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Jamesy-baby & surgery tomorrow

James is such a sweet, lovable baby. He is always so easy to get a smile or laugh out of and he gives hugs so freely. He has his moments of course, but he's really such an energetic happy little goof. I love having him! He was sick last week with a yucky cold, we all were, he was so sad and just wanted to be held. A few days after he started feeling better I took Naomi and James for their flu shots. Their doctor checked them over and announced that James had an ear infection. Poor baby. I felt so badly, I didn't think it was more than a cold and he was so happy by then.

Naomi had 3 ear infections her first winter back to back, it was horrible. Interestingly enough, she hasn't had one since. I'm hoping this won't be the norm for James, having sick children is awful, for everyone.

The other day I heard James squealing in the other room. I peeked around the corner to see what was so dang exciting and I saw this:




Cheetah had plopped down right in front of James. He's not quite mobile yet, getting close as you can see. She must sense that James is safe:) He is totally fascinated by her, I catch him watching and studying her all the time. Hopefully he can continue to be nice to her as he gets faster, we'll see though.

As for other things, I'm getting surgery tomorrow (!!!) and I'm mourning the fact that I won't be able to hold James much for quite a while. I'll can have someone set him on my lap for me though. He's just too heavy (22 lbs or so), and I am getting abdominal surgery. The much talked about cyst that was discovered at my 20 week ultrasound when I was pregnant with James (a year ago!) has finally met it's end. Tomorrow it will be removed. I am a little apprehensive about the whole thing, obviously. The idea of anybody, even skilled surgeons, cutting into me makes me feel funny. The cyst is thought to be on or is my right ovary, so that ovary will be coming out with the "mass" as they call it. Apparently a lot of people have cysts but they are generally much smaller and often come and go on their own, sometimes due to pregnancy and their cycles. My cyst is not small, it is 10x9x15 cm and it has not gotten smaller, much less gone away. Sigh. So it's large enough that a laprascopic procedure will not do the trick. I will be have a vertical scar, down the middle. They won't be cutting through any muscles but the recovery will be much the same as for a c-section patient, although my uterus won't be touched. So that means 6 weeks before any kind of significant lifting, i.e. James.
I have wonderful friends helping us through the first few days here and still others bringing us meals and then my mother is coming to save the day so Zach can go to school, study and pass his finals, James will be held, carried etc and Naomi will have her Grandma Stevie to play with! I owe a lot of people a lot of favors after this one;)
I'm being optimistic that I will recover fast and easily. At my 6 week mark we are flying home (our original home) for Christmas to be with our families. I'm also a little bummed that I likely won't be feeling good enough to hit the slopes this winter, the first in a few that I'm not pregnant or with a baby that won't take a bottle. Sigh again.
Enough of the pity party now though. It's not like I'm the first mom to have surgery, I'll be fine and starting in January we will be as good as new, or almost;)
I'll post all about the horrible hospital food and how I got to watch all the lame TV I could possibly stand and read tons of books while my dear friends and husband took over my mommy job for me:)

10 comments:

Erica said...

Oh, he is so delicious! I can't wait to get my hands on him!

So sorry about the surgery, I didn't know you were getting a vertical incision. I would be fairly annoyed at that thought myself. What a pain! And missing out on skiing is a shame too. The skiing career seems to come to a screeching halt when you start having kids doesn't it? I think I've been twice in the last 5 years. Good luck, and I hope the hospital has some delectable dishes for you!

Amy said...

good luck! I am sure you will recover quickly. Those darn cysts!

Anne-Marie said...

You poor thing! I hope everything goes well... At least your mom gets to come play. That is definitely a perk! Best of luck :)

Jenny said...

If it's like recovering from a c-section it's really not that bad. The first two weeks are rough, but they give you good drugs, so just take them and you'll be fine. After that it's not so bad. We went home on my six week mark too!

You eat better and are I'm sure in better shape than I was at nine months pregnant, so if I wouldn't be suprised if you felt good enough to ski the little beav at least!

Becka and Bennett said...

Trisha I had no idea! If you need any help with Naomi getting to school or what ever please let me know! Good luck tommaorrow, I will be thinking about you!

Heather said...

That totally bites the big one! Okay, so I am totally here to help! Just let me know what you need. I can watch the kiddos for you if needed? Make you a lazagna? Lend you a book or movie from our extensive collection? Whatever you need.

Natalee said...

I hope things go well for you Trisha, i'm sure you'll be 110% great after this is over! We are excited to see you for Christmas, Brock and I weren't planning on going to St. George but it looks like we might be able to after all! Love ya!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you have to have surgery. I hope everything goes well for you. I wish I was closer and able to help out. Just know we're thinking about you!

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Good luck, Trisha. Let me know when I can come and keep you company. :)

ash said...

Best with everything Trisha! You have such a positive attitude. I hear ya about the slopes (you'll just have to ski out here when you get better, as if the snow compares). Get well soon! And I want to bring over a really good dish you and Zach and maybe even Naomi will love (if you ever find yourself in need of a meal). I'll stay in touch.