CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Busy Days with my Baby

First of all, isn't my husband the best!!!!

Valentines day I had a party here at our apartment with lots of mommies, babies and kids. It was tons of fun, the kids painted icing on sugar cookies and did a great job! Naomi ended up with icing ALL over her shirt and more than one kid figured out that the icing paint was super edible:)


Yesterday was Naomi's birthday, 2 years old! I can hardly believe she's so old! When I was putting together the picture slide show (next post) I saw just how fast the time has gone by. She's such a sweetie, and also such an independent, happy, and outgoing little girl!

We did a little bit of a theme birthday this year. We gave her the Finding Nemo movie right after breakfast and then told her we were going to the Aquarium! We drove to the National Aquarium in Baltimore, she watched her new "fishy, shark! moobie" on the way there. She loved the aqarium, we did too! I wished it wasn't so busy with people and that we could have spent more time there, Naomi was a fast mover but she loved the huge sharks and manta rays!

We opened presents later that afternoon and I think that it's official that the $7 doll stroller is a definite favorte! She's going to be a good big sister:)

Later for dinner we had some friends come over, the Stewarts and the Piersons. Naomi was in heaven having friends over, she gets soooo excited. The kids ate about 2 bites of pizza and about 10000 bites of ice cream and cake:) It was a fun little "party." Naomi even figured out how to blow the candle out- with a little help from mommy.

So after two busy and fun days in a row we are just chillin' at home today. Naomi went to bed late but got up right at 7 a.m. as usual! I'm hoping for a nice long nap later.

Naomi is getting to be such a good talker. She constantly surprises me with how much she says and understands. She will read her books back to us, it's darling.

my favorite was this morning when I was changing her diaper she started talking like this:

" Nomi sing a song- ohtay. Blaah, la, dooh ahh may bee.... Sing Bee Song. Bee song beeeeee song, be song beeeee song , bee song bee. Sing 'nother song....twinkle twinkle little star, how I w......what you are! ..... sing 'nother song...." And she went on making up songs or using phrases she knows from songs until we were done with her diaper change:) It's just so cute to listen to her.

I can't believe it's been two years already but I'm sure before I know it, it will have been two more years.

1 comment:

Anderson Avenue said...

Sounds like such a fun birthday for Naomi! Time goes by so fast! I love it when they sing. Avree has always been a singer and loves to sing to the radio in the car. It is hilarious.