CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 22, 2008

Pansies

I know it's because I am from Utah, NORTHERN Utah, but really. People here are total pansies.
We've been having warnings for the past few days that today would be icy!!! Watch out! There could be ICE! So when we looked outside this morning there was indeed ice on the cars, ground-up salty ice on the pavement and rain falling.
Well, I HAD a doctor appointment scheduled for this morning. I got ready to go, Zach so sweetly scraped the ice off the windshield (really, I've done this here before, it takes all of 5 minutes- tops, they even sell windshield scrapers at the local stores, imagine that), and I drove off to my appointment. The radio was talking about school closures, no surprise, they close for *possible* ice or snow, or heck, any kind of precipitation.
I pulled up to a meter, popped in two quarters and took the elevator to the second floor. And the door to the office was locked. Other offices were open. No, not all but some, and the pharmacy downstairs was open too. I called my doctors number, was sent to an answering service. I just wanted to complain, so I did.
She informed that yes, they are closed. Maybe the roads were bad and they wanted to come in but couldn't make it, and they must not have any patient information at home. I'm sorry, you'll just have to reschedule on Monday.
So I guess I learned my lesson. Even though my doctors staff called me yesterday to confirm my appointment and make sure I would be there, they decided it was just too hard to scrape off their cars and get to work. Never mind informing the patients about it.
So yeah. The roads are wet, the ice is slushy and everyone has the day off.
Pansies.
You would think this weather is a novelty, an extreme. Nope, every winter it gets icy and snowy.
Pansies.

12 comments:

Dani said...

I'm working from home today because my co-workers were all too scared to drive into the office. (we got 2 inches of snow) I agree. East Coasters are pansies. :)

Lindsay said...

That's hilarious Trisha! I can't believe Naomi is already 2! Time flies by so fast! She is adorable & I can't wait to see pictures of your baby boy! Good luck!!!

Erica said...

Yeah, it would be nice if they would tell you BEFORE you get there. I would ask THEM to pay for your appointments since they like you to pay for appointments if you miss them. Definitely pansies

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

I agree with you! There are a lot of people back east who are Pansies! That includes Ohio folks too!! I had to laugh when you used the word "Pansies" cause for some reason, that's like the most frequently used word by Zach that I remember! He was hilarious to work with.
The freezing rain is crazy, but I agree with you on bucking up and driving in that stuff! I am surprised that kids graduate from kindergarten here...they use way beyond the "regular allowed snow days". Jon and I laugh when people start freaking out that there will be 2 inches of snow coming!? I love the snow! Bring it on! I wish I were in Utah right now!!!

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Ditto... PANSIES! But it was nice not having to drive in traffic today. :)

Rachel said...

Hahaha yeah they are wimps! but I've been definitely surprised how bad the freezing rain CAN be. The storm last week was nothing - but the one a few weeks ago had me sliding ALL over the road! I was scared to death.
In Seattle, they are super conservative too. They own one snow plow for the whole state! So when it snows an inch- all the schools are closed! It's hilarious...
And in Massachusetts, we had this rediculous blizzard, -15 degree winds, like 7 inches of snow - I still had to go to class that night.

You'd think there would be some consistency!

M said...

I know, we always laugh so hard when it rains or barely snows and the only thing on the news is the "winter weather advisory."
We have to give it to them that the ice storms can get pretty bad and I don't think they have the equipment or manpower to take care of such a large population in event of some serious whether. But seriously, every freaking time it rains?

M said...

I meant "weather" instead of "whether." I should maybe read over it before I post it, right?

Anne-Marie said...

it's the same in the midwest, I threatens to snow and off we go! that is a bummer about the dr's office, though. People are so inconsiderate sometimes!

Natalie said...

I am SO with you on this. I have to admit, however, that it is really nice when you're working full-time and your boss decides to close the office because it's "too dangerous." I welcomed the opportunity to run errands when everyone else was cowering inside. :)

JaCee said...

hilarious. i agree with you completely. while we lived in cali people would ask us if they should take snow chains into Nevada in like march or april...anyway they don't know in the *slightest* how to deal or drive in off weather.

Theurer Clan said...

That's amazing! They wouldn't cancel anything back in good old Cache Valley even if we got 2 feet of snow! I am so excited your little one is coming so soon!