CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 02, 2008

A week in the life of....

We've been busy doing lots of things this week, having fun for the most part.
To start off, last Saturday- a week ago, I went to pick up my friend Kelly to go to a baby shower. After I backed up her driveway my car was stuck in reverse. Literally stuck. It's a manual and the shifter wouldn't budge. So after much pushing, wiggling and backing up we decided to leave the car parked at her place on the road and take her car. We were late and I was embarrassed. I hated my car that day. It's done this in the past and it's somewhat mysterious. From what I could find out from my internet sluething it seems to be something with the bushing on the linkage (???). No idea. But what I do know is that to get it fixed at the shop would definitly cost more than our little 94 Altima is worth. Meh.

So we left it there overnight, actually Zach was conviently gone to Charlotte that day and wouldn't be home until the next morning. Hmmm. So Kelly and Brian, being the nice and very cool people they are, invited us over Sunday for dinner. After dinner "the boys" went and worked on the car:) Well, Zach backed it down a hill and up another and then let it roll forward and viola! it was unstuck! I know it's not the best plan, but I'm just crossing my fingers it doesn't get stuck again in a more inconvienent location....say the grocery store. It seems to be related to backing up a steep incline, so I'll avoid that!

Then, the rest of this week we have been playing! We went to the park (last post), we went to a a few friends houses to play, we went visiting teaching. That last one ended up with Naomi and the other little girl smacking their heads together, oops.

On Thursday we went to storytime at the Bethesda library with Abby, Cassie and Claire (the baby that Cassie takes care of). The girls had a good time dancing and just being crazy little toddlers.


We drove "downtown" with Zach to get some books from his school. I realized that I don't drive/ride into DC very often. I need to make a better effort to see all this city has to offer!
On Friday I went early to "the Lab" to take my glucose tolerance test, you know for when you're preggo and they want to check to see if you have gestational diabetes. When I was pregnant with Naomi, my doctor sent me home with the sugar-shocked orange drink to take one hour before my blood test. So I could drink it at home (but you only have 5 minutes to down 10 oz of the slightly fizzy orange syrup,) and then come in to get my blood drawn an hour later. Well, here I had to make my appt for the test, go and drink the orange stuff in their presence and then sit and wait an hour there in their office. Oh my... it was boring. Their TV channel was very much annoying, especially when it looped through it's programming. I brought a book that proved to be just about at boring as the TV and I was sick of all the songs on my iPod. And I was tired. Then they get to stick a needle in my arm and suck my blood. Ok, I know I'm being a whiner but it was a drag.
BUT, after that yesterday we had our very first "Preschool" at our place! Naomi, Abby and a new little friend that just moved in, Isabel are doing preschool twice a week, rotating whose place it's at. The girls were so cute, I wish I would have taken a few pictures. I had fun getting a little circle time ready and a creative activity. It's been a while:) Our theme was Snowmen. We talked about the letter S and circles, we sang a snowman song- "Once there was a Snowman," and then we made snowman pictures. The girls had the most fun with the glue, Abby had nice big pools of glue all over her paper. They used cotton balls, buttons and pom poms to make their pictures. Naomi is still talking about it.
Today we met Cassie and Abby at the mall play area. It was probably warm enough to hit the park again today but it was all soggy from our downpour yesterday. So we made good use of the mall, again. I also did a little shopping there at Target, and Motherhood Maternity- as much as I despise that store. I swear, they basically ask for your blood type when you try to buy something.

So there- it's all out. My week! Here we are at Saturday night again. Time goes by so quickly. Things are just going to get busier around here as we get ready for this baby, and Naomi's big 2-year birthday!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the little pre-school you started. I did a play group last year with Hayden & 3 others his age. We did similar activities. It was great for him to learn how to get along with others and share. He also really did learn a lot. Naomi will love it!

Unknown said...

I have to do that glucose tolerance test this coming Friday and I am not excited. Last time I took the drink home too, and this time I have to sit in the doctors office! I was like, "what am I supposed to do for an hour just sitting there?!?!" I guess I'll try and find a book to read or something. I hate needles too, so I'm not excited for the blood draw. Plus I have to get that other shot because I have that blood disorder. Yippee for me. I am really going to be poked and prodded this week.

Anne-Marie said...

sounds like a day in the life! at least you have such a great time! the glucose test is no fun, for sure; but here in dear old ia, it was more of a lemon-lime drink and still not fantastic but better than the orange yuckiness. i had to do it in the office, too! wierd. they must've changed protocol :) Good luck with the car, they are SUCH a pain! Can't wait to see what other fun adventures you guys come up with!

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

I love those pictures of Abby and Naomi. Thanks again for being so willing to start with the preschool. Abby really had a great time. I'm excited for it to be my turn. :)

Ashley said...

The Glucose test stinks, but just be glad you didn't fail it like I did...have to drink an even worse drink and sit in the doctor's office for four hours while they drew my blood from the SAME place four times. OUCH. Yeah, that was my experience.

Anderson Avenue said...

Yes, life does get a little crazier when you have two but you adjust!! Sounds like our week. I'm sorry about your car I hate that feeling when you can't fix it and your just stuck!!