CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 20, 2010

Aggie Football

Naomi, Henry and Dawson with Big Blue!


The Aggie game Saturday night was equal parts fun, tiring, and disappointing.
I took my chicos and met Dave and Erica with their boys at the pre-game tailgate. The kids were excited and got to meet Big Blue! Everyone but James was thrilled to see him.
He actually started crying and clutched me in terror when I tried to put him down by him. Who knew? He always waves to him from afar and looks for him at the games, like they are besties!
James turned out to be a real keeper during this game. Dave, Erica and I all made the executive decision that the kids are not invited next time. That's the BYU game.

We did have a lot of fun most of the time, but between the cannons for the touchdowns and cheering on the Aggies, there was a lot of this:
"sit down", "don't touch that", "leave him/her alone", "stop kicking!" The poor people in front of us... And it gets better.

Erica and her boys got to run out of the tunnel for the first ever Junior Aggies stampede, it was super cute. Naomi and James liked the excitement and the band music and especially the treats.

I got us some chips and salsa, Chili's was selling at the game again. Yum.

Naomi and James wore matchy game-day t-shirts and looked so cute. I don't get to dress them alike often enough.

I ran Naomi to the bathroom at one point and talked James into staying put next to Erica and G. Jesse. When we got back Erica was laughing her head off and James was a bawling mess. He had somehow managed to gag himself, maybe on a skittle? And then threw up. And it got on the people's stuff in front of us. Ooops.

Yeah, that's disgusting. I felt really bad, but what could I do besides clean it off, it wasn't much, and say I was really sorry.

I did some musical shirts with Naomi and James, N had two layers on. Jackets went on and we were as good as new. Whew.

At that point, or sometime in the game around then, Erica turned to me, and talking about the spirit squad, said, "I know what happens in the fourth quarter..." and I interrupted with "yeah, the Aggies loose".

And they did. They just fell apart. It was so disappointing but sadly, really familiar and not much of a surprise. Dang Aggies.

I hate to be a fair-weather fan. But come on Aggies. I'm hoping for the rest of the season to be better. And the BYU game will be huge. Can they do it? Maybe.

It's fun to take my kids to the games, it's a lot of work, but they love it, I love it.
Next time I take them I need to remember to bring lots more treats, snacks, goodies and drinks.

Go Aggies!


Dave and G. Jesse

James eating my creamy, it's all yours baby...

Naomi looking awesome

Go Aggies!


3 comments:

JKBKR said...

Trisha,

It was nice seeing you at Holly's baby shower. You really look great and your kids are beautiful. I hope for the best for both you and Zack and your sweet kiddies.

Good luck in all of your new endeavors.

Sincerely,

Kristen (Mathews) Reams

Natalie said...

Your kids look way to big! You all look adorable!

Ben and Michelle said...

How fun! I love Naomi's hair, very cute!